Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
214 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 213

64avanti, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Proud new owner of 47 Deluxe Clipper pics
Home away from home
Home away from home

RichieFuller
See User information
Thanks Ken, I hope to have lots of fun with it. Taking it to the local car show tomorrow. I like it more each day. Richie.

Posted on: 2014/4/11 19:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RichieFuller
See User information
Steve, thank you for the kind words, being lucky helps too.
I missed a couple of nice cars, both were sold early, but everything happens for a reason I guess. Richie.

Posted on: 2014/4/11 20:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RichieFuller
See User information
MrBrumble, thank you. I have no interest in having the car judged, I like to fix them and drive them. I think the colors are OK. I'm just not sure I like the light green stripe down the center of the hood. My wife really likes the colors and the stripe, SOOOOO I guess the stripe will stay. I will enjoy the car, thanks again MrBrumble.
Richie.

Posted on: 2014/4/11 20:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stephen Houseknecht
See User information
Nice score Richie. You have a fine looking car there, worth the wait.

Posted on: 2014/4/11 20:17
Stephen
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RichieFuller
See User information
Randy, so far a can't open the passenger side hood for some reason. I worked all day on the brakes, and greasing the car. The "U" joints don't have grease fittings, so that means you have to pull the driveshaft and take it apart. I hope the replacement "U" joints come with a fitting.
When I get caught up, I'll figure out what's wrong with the passenger side hood not working. That thief-proof number is just a matching number to the vin# ?? Richie.

Posted on: 2014/4/11 20:23
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
The thief-proof number will probably not match any other number on your car - it is unique. Thieves could remove the data plates where the "vin" number was, but they can't remove the thief-proof number because it is stamped right into the firewall in very large numbers. When you see it you will understand. Record it along with your other paperwork.

Posted on: 2014/4/11 23:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RichieFuller
See User information
Thanks Stephen, we took it shopping and breakfast this morning, 53 miles. Now I understand the saying, " ask the man that owns one". The more I drive it the more I like it, getting use to it is fun. I think it was worth the wait Stephen. Richie.

Posted on: 2014/4/12 10:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RichieFuller
See User information
Got it now Randy, I will work on the car up until the local cruise in starts. I will see about un-sticking the right side hood. Thanks for the info Randy. Richie.

Posted on: 2014/4/12 10:30
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Tom
See User information
Do you still have your 47 deluxe clipper. I basically have the same car but a 1946, same color too.

Check out my picture.

Attach file:

jpg  (36.32 KB)
4619_546a19522b633.jpg 480X640 px

Posted on: 2014/11/17 10:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RichieFuller
See User information
Yes I do still have it, you have a nice color combination, yours looks green and silver and ours is green and light green. You must be happy with yours, we love ours. I drive mine every day to breakfast and lunch, (you can do that when retired). Richie.

Attach file:

jpg  (37.10 KB)
44605_546c82db3b41a.jpg 450X338 px

Posted on: 2014/11/19 6:45
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved