Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
237 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 5
Guests: 232

Westieman, BigKev, Bob J, 29tons, Test User, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Battery replacement
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
I don't know, Brian. I am very pragmatic when it comes to car batteries and the 12-volts from the 1950s and '60s have absolutely no sentimental value to me whatsoever. A good battery will cost about $100 and will function pretty well for several years. I suppose a retro battery might be interesting in a 1955 car; but as I recall from the 1960s, when the battery failed in one of my cars, I went out and bought the best battery that I could afford.

Posted on: 2017/2/27 14:49
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Brians51
See User information
Hi Brian, I too wanted to look period with my battery that fancy and expensive tar top didn't last 2 years. So I too bought the best battery I could find. 4 years and still going strong!

Posted on: 2017/2/27 16:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
If you want the tar top look buy current style battery buy small can of tar at hardware store brush on thin layer to get desired look also you may attach some fake caps that look like old style filler caps. You wlll have tar top look you did yourself at low cost

Posted on: 2017/2/27 20:41
C:\Users\veron\Desktop\New folder\1956 Packard Caribbean\753.jpg
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved