Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
169 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 169

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1928 Depress Beam headlights
Home away from home
Home away from home

sanford mitchell
See User information
need some help on 1928 Headlight lens..I just got a nice set of 28 headlights...but one lens is gone. I cant read the dimenisions on the outer part of the other glass...they are either 533 headlights or the larger 443 can any body remove thier lens and tell me what the dim. are on the outer side of the glass so I can search for a replacement depress beam thanks much

Posted on: 2012/8/22 17:27
 Top  Print 

Re: 1928 Depress Beam headlights
Home away from home
Home away from home

sanford mitchell
See User information
I know they are not 526 as those are smaller than the 533 and 443 as I have 526's

Posted on: 2012/8/22 17:28
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Manuel Glez
See User information
I take this post to ask for help about drum headlights and lenses for 1928 models:

I have always Heard that there are 3 different sizes for 1928 drum headlights and lenses, but I would appreciate if anyone could give me the correct size and measures for 526, for 533 and for 443?.

I have a two 526 and one 533, and I guess that they have been changed in the past.

Thanks in advance and best regards from Spain.

Infor and details of headlights are also welcome by mail: manuel(dot)gonzalez(at)packardclub(dot)com

Posted on: 2014/11/23 6:33
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Manuel, go -> this way to get in contact with Matt Harwood in Cleveland (OH), who is talking about a 1928 Packard 533 that:

"... won every major award such a car can win, including AACA National First Prize, CCCA National First Prize, and Packard Club National First Prize ... awards at concours events like Meadow Brook Hall and the Glenmoor Gathering, and been the featured automobile in the Stan Hywet Inner Circle. It has also won the Founder's Award at a Packard National Meet for best pre-1929 Packard, and just last summer it earned its CCCA Premiere award by scoring 98 points and was also awarded Best in Class at the Hickory Corners Grand Classic over the summer..."

and

"...features ... drum headlights that were fabricated from scratch during the restoration...".
To ask -> Sandford could be another chance. ?Buena suerte!

Posted on: 2014/11/23 8:31
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
You might start with an old-time vendor who specializes in headlight lenses.

Attach file:

jpg  (66.11 KB)
177_5471ef898876d.jpg 1200X199 px

Posted on: 2014/11/23 9:30
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Manuel Glez
See User information
Thanks Owen_Dyneto and Guscha for your help.

I probably have not expressed myself correctly; what I'm really looking for is for the information of the correct measure for drum headlights in 1928.

I guess that there are three models:
Small diameter, for the 5-26, the small wheelbase Six model.
Medium diameter, for the 5-33, the Six with large wheelbase
Large diameter, for the 4-43, the Eight model

I will contact both Matt Harwood and Sanford Mitchell to request their their help, but any technical information will be welcome.

Posted on: 2014/11/23 16:05
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

rrhorton
See User information
Do you still need dimensions.

My 1928 drum lights for my 526 have Parabeam headlamp lenses. The dimension of the glass stamped on the glass is:8 31/32 x 7 15/16

Posted on: 2016/11/1 21:08
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved