Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
119 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 117

BigKev, 29tons, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 »

Re: Packard Nat'L Meet in Des Moines
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
More pics.

Attach file:

jpg  (56.79 KB)
6_486460d0b1515.jpg 800X600 px

jpg  (47.35 KB)
6_486461db2407c.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2008/6/26 22:43
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Just got back from Des Moines. Took the long way home.

Joel sent some great pictures. I have some to upload to PI tomorrow.

Thanks for all the good advice for my first National. New friends, old friends, talkin' cars all day and into the night. I am exhausted and smilin'

Later
DanL

Posted on: 2008/6/28 23:16
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
Here is a pic of a 41 and a 41.

Attach file:

jpg  (11.69 KB)
462_4869a9747bea2.jpg 432X264 px

Posted on: 2008/6/30 22:53
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

ClassicRideBill
See User information
Just posted the photos I took in Des Moines under Misc Photos have a look if interested
CRB

Posted on: 2008/7/1 19:42
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Thanks for the pics Bill, they are great!

Posted on: 2008/7/1 19:47
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Reyman R. Branting
See User information
Dave -
You mentioned a sign "North Hills Packard" that you would have. Is that the North Hills of Pittsburgh, PA? I live in the North Hills of Pittsburgh, am a member of PI, but, with one exception, have no contact with other Packard owners in the area.

Bernardi

Posted on: 2008/7/2 11:29
 Top  Print 

Re: Packard Natl Meet in Des Moines
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
It seems that in the AACA Packard forum a fellow posting under BJM made some comments on the recent Packard meet in Des Moines. Some of the comments he posted about the meet were of a positive nature some comments negative.

A person posting under ALK didn't seem to like the fact that he made some negative comments. AlK in one of his posts invites BJM to join a local Packard Club which was a fine. However then turns around and calls BJM an ass and claims that BJM's comments were nothing but rants and ravings.

After the actions of this ALK I just wonder if BJM would chose to join a local Packard Club. A perfect example of how not to get people to join the car club you are defending.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/7/2 15:52
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Shireman:

the post was definitely mine, I don't use alternate ID's as you seem to do. I am now going to break a promise I made to Kevin. I have in the past refrained from answering both your posts and PM's. But now is the time.

I hereby state for all to read if Kevin will allow the post to stay here for a bit because it needs to be said and it violates board policy, but you asked for it and deserve it. You sir are a bald faced LIAR. No where in my post on the AACA board did I call the man an Ass. I would reserve that only for you and then apoligize to all of the asses in the world except you for insulting them.
The man was making comments that were not based on any facts, because he did not bother to get any facts, just like you. Why don't you go commune on a personal level with Brad Berry. Just out of curiosity there were 2 other posters out there that shared my view and were no more or less civil to the man than I was. Did you bother to lie about what they said, or chastize them for their views, I doubt it. Besides, Shireman, what do you care, you don't belong to PAC, remember, so what do you care what goes on at PAC other than to get back at me for past comments, do that to my face sometime when the opportunity presents itself.

To the rest of the board members here I do apoligize for this but it needed to be done. Shireman and I have long bitter history both in the old classiccar.com and AACA misc chat. and I have striven to keep all of that off this board, but when the man commits out and out perjury and lies like a persian rug, it is time to call a spade a spade.

Posted on: 2008/7/3 13:33
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
ALK: There are many ways of using and twisting around words to call a person an unkind name, then being able to make the statement that they did no such thing. In one of your replies to BJM and your use of the word assume and your spelling of it, that is exactly what you did in my view. I stand by my statement.

I will always remain a vocal critic of PAC and its leadership when I think they are wrong. Let me ask you this question what would your intentions be when I express my views to you face to face. No actions that you would try to undertake during such a meeting would ever change my views about PAC.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/7/3 15:26
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
AL wrote:

Quote:
Shireman:

the post was definitely mine, I don't use alternate ID's as you seem to do. I am now going to break a promise I made to Kevin. I have in the past refrained from answering both your posts and PM's. But now is the time.

I hereby state for all to read if Kevin will allow the post to stay here for a bit because it needs to be said and it violates board policy, but you asked for it and deserve it. You sir are a bald faced LIAR. No where in my post on the AACA board did I call the man an Ass. I would reserve that only for you and then apoligize to all of the asses in the world except you for insulting them.
The man was making comments that were not based on any facts, because he did not bother to get any facts, just like you. Why don't you go commune on a personal level with Brad Berry. Just out of curiosity there were 2 other posters out there that shared my view and were no more or less civil to the man than I was. Did you bother to lie about what they said, or chastize them for their views, I doubt it. Besides, Shireman, what do you care, you don't belong to PAC, remember, so what do you care what goes on at PAC other than to get back at me for past comments, do that to my face sometime when the opportunity presents itself.

To the rest of the board members here I do apoligize for this but it needed to be done. Shireman and I have long bitter history both in the old classiccar.com and AACA misc chat. and I have striven to keep all of that off this board, but when the man commits out and out perjury and lies like a persian rug, it is time to call a spade a spade.

Not to defend John Shireman, but here's a direct quotation from AlK's repsonse to BJM at the AACA Packard DF:

Quote:
In order to make comments like yours you should have facts and you don't. All you have is perception, and assumption. Perception never equals reality, and I think we all know what ass-u-me does.

AL...AlK (or whatever alias you've been using), you may not have directly called BJM an "ass", but you are clearly mincing words. IIRC, the forum software that AACA uses has automatically censored the use of words like "ass" for a few years now, and I believe - especially from your many posts in the former "Misc. Chat" there - that you know know that.

I've since read the subject thread at AACA, and of the other people who replied to BJM's obervations, not all of them shared your "views". At least others that were supportive of the meet tried to take the high road - rather than make personal attacks. As such, I sure enjoyed Vertigo's responses to you.

Though it's not my website, as far as I am concerned, your little rant here can stay here for all to see and judge for themselves.

Posted on: 2008/7/4 10:58
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved