Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
67 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 67

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 29 30 31 (32) 33 34 35 ... 147 »

Re: Stewart's 1955 Packard 400
Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
V code Stewart. Nothing prettier.

Posted on: 2015/5/15 19:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stewart Ballard
See User information
Kev
I may be able to except Onyx & Citrine or Onyx & Fire Opal combination just as they appear to be original combinations. I just don't want a black and white Packard.

64avanti
Those colors sound sharp but are they Packard themes from 55. I sure do see them in the brochure.

I'd like to keep it with an original color scheme just not my original color theme.

Posted on: 2015/5/15 20:52
Stewart Ballard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Stewart, look at colors that are at opposite ends of the color wheel and pick Packard standard colors that are best matched. Colors that are opposed on the wheel are the most complimentary.

o{}o)

Posted on: 2015/5/15 22:52
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

phsnkw
See User information
What about the Agate and Topaz? I think they were the light brown/dark brown combination and with a matching interior it would look great and better match the interior than a white and something combination.

Posted on: 2015/5/18 11:31
"Do you ever think about the things you do think about?"

Inherit the Wind
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Stewart,

Do you like your interior code 87?

Look at the dealer book and see if you like other colors with it.
https://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/1955_1_Paint.pdf

I assumed you had a red, white and black interior. 87 is white, black, and yellow. Kind of interesting. I'm not sure I have seen it before.

EDIT: I looked at the 5587 roster, and I think I counted 4 other 87 trim codes, so I guess I haven't seen one.

Posted on: 2015/5/18 14:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stewart Ballard
See User information
Interior...whats that?
What I saw of it was Black w/ white leather. There may have been some yellow flake among the black but it was mostly faded and whats left of it is stored overhead in my shop. Interior is a long way off.

I was referencing that dealer brochure that you linked too in my previous post.

That's where I got the idea of Onyx & Citrine or Onyx & Fire Opal. That's why the "Irish Mist" and the Color Wheel suggestions confuse me. That brochure does not list combinations like that. Are there more Packard color combinations then what is listed in that brochure?

Posted on: 2015/5/18 19:50
Stewart Ballard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Stewart,

I do not know about the other paint codes mentioned.

I was just pointing out the paint code combination with the trim code on your car. If you were wanting to try and match the dealer book.
https://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/1955_2_Upholstery.pdf

I assume you looked through the pictures on this site for help,https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/myalbum/viewcat.php?cid=57

Posted on: 2015/5/18 21:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stewart Ballard
See User information
Its a busy time of the year on the farm but it rained today. So instead of planting lavender I spent some time putting things back where they belong in the shop.

Also got the first of the brakes reassembled. Its my first break job, ever. Imagine that!

Found a stress crack in one of the adjusting screws that will need to be replaced. A quick google search shows different sizes. Anyone know what size I should be looking at? Be gentle with me if its actually a common part, remember this was my first time.

Lastly, I pulled the fuel and brake lines out of the rafters today so I can begin the process of replacing those.

Attach file:

jpg  (97.30 KB)
5209_5563b90255716.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (53.92 KB)
5209_5563b90f3b8a8.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2015/5/25 19:08
Stewart Ballard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information
Stewart, there is a company on E-bay that are selling repro's. I picked up a set when Mine were rusted solid. they work good. I think they are $34 for 4

Posted on: 2015/5/25 19:25
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Stewart......let me look in the shop. I have a big box of brake components off a parts car. If I do I'll send to you under one condition. Please tell me what you do with lavender?

Posted on: 2015/5/25 21:48
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 29 30 31 (32) 33 34 35 ... 147 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved