Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
79 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 77

37Blanche, Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard Motor Car Building
Home away from home
Home away from home

32model901
See User information
http://www.reinholdresidential.com/packard/

The Packard Motor Car Building dates back to 1910, when Packard Motors commissioned acclaimed Detroit architect Alfred Kahn to design a showroom and assembly plant in Philadelphia. This grand limestone and terracotta trimmed building with hand-carved cornices and over-sized windows, was unlike anything the city had seen before.

Today, the Packard Building is even more impressive with its newly designed, 2-story lobby, an inviting social center and new designer kitchens with stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops and ceramic tile floors. You can try but you're not going to find another Philadelphia apartment building that comes anywhere close to the distinctive luxury features this beautiful landmark residence offers.

Posted on: 2013/3/30 8:03
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard Motor Car Building
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
A few more pix, I've visited there a few times. There are quite a few old dealership buildings so-converted, I think Packard/Easton PA went the same way.

Attach file:

jpg  (148.61 KB)
177_5156ea7ccda22.jpg 960X1280 px

jpg  (149.13 KB)
177_5156ea8a3cff0.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2013/3/30 8:39
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I used to go there every year for disaster recovery tests.
It is a substantial building with huge concrete supporting columns inside. The freight elevators supposedly carried tanks to upper floors during the war. There is a PMCC sign on the roof.

Posted on: 2013/3/30 18:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
This is "Packard Inc. Philadelphia." This wasn't a dealer. It was Packard's distributor in Philadelphia. Dealers buy from distributors.

Posted on: 2020/3/19 13:53
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved