Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
148 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 147

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

What is "Haggle Me"?
Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Local craigslist has recently had a number of Packard ads that redirect you to something called Haggle Me, which wants you to call them for info on where the cars are.

Apparently, few are in any sense local.

Is this a new kind of scam? Or just something other than ebay?

Posted on: 2013/5/28 13:12
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print 

Re: What is "Haggle Me"?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
Pat:

HaggleMe is a website that markets vintage cars/trucks. According to the "About Us" page:

"HaggleMe deals directly with buyers all over the U.S.A. and other countries that are looking for vintage automobiles, RV's, Motorcycles, Boats and etc.

"Haggle Me has been in busines for over 10 years now and has sold and shipped to 20+ different contries.

"In today's competitive marketplace we're able to give sellers the edge they need in order to achieve not only a quick sale of their vehicle, but at top dollar as well. We are able to do this by offering financing, shipping, and 3rd party inspections. Haggle Me has given countless sellers all over America the advantage that was once only made exclusive to dealerships.

"Our customer service will be dealing with the buyer from the beginning to end of the sale, so all you do is sit back and collect the cash at the end."

So I suppose that it is more like Hemnmings. As far as the "haggle" part is concerned, like anyone with any sense knows, a buyer should always try to get the best deal possible and should know what a car is worth before dealing. But I digress ... here is the link to HaggleMe:

http://www.haggleme.com/

Craig

Posted on: 2013/5/28 15:51
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
My BS meter pegged on it.

Anyone find them actually useful? If so, do share the details with us.....

Posted on: 2013/5/28 20:46
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

carfixated
See User information
Any new experiences with haggle_me dot com? Just curious. Positive reviews on forums always seem to be from new members' first posts, out of nowhere talking of great yet vague experiences. As Pat said: my BS meter is leaning to full... Thx

Posted on: 2015/5/27 7:29
Older enough to know better. Fool enough to not care.

96 Celica GT Conv
15 Jeep Wrangler
(Post-war Packard, someday!)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
Another source of information about someone or something, Just GOOGLE the website and you will most likely find more info than you can absorb.

Posted on: 2015/5/27 12:20
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
1953 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan
1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Tri-tone
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

carfixated
See User information
Well of course I googled it first.

Try it yourself! BBB has one consumer note, then haggleme floods the search engine with their own posts/pages/sales. It is how you "manage your web reputation"; there are companies do it for you. 3 pages deep into google with not one believable feedback on experiences with them. They put lots of effort into image management, I'll give them that!

Posted on: 2015/5/27 16:32
Older enough to know better. Fool enough to not care.

96 Celica GT Conv
15 Jeep Wrangler
(Post-war Packard, someday!)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don Shields
See User information
You could try searching "Haggleme.com complaints." This brings up 114,000 entries, many of which contain unfavorable reviews along with some very positive reviews. One item that caught my eye was in a BBB report that said Haggleme was not accredited with the Better Business Bureau. That would be a big red flag for me. A reviewer reported that you have to buy credits in order to bid on an item and if you're not the successful bidder you don't get the credits back. They said it's a real gamble to deal with them. Although there are good reports scattered among the bad, I think I'd stay away from them.

Posted on: 2015/5/27 21:52
Don Shields
1933 Eight Model 1002 Seven Passenger Sedan
1954 Convertible
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved