Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
148 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 147

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 285 286 287 (288) 289 290 291 ... 498 »

Re: Various CL Pickings
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Morning all...The Air Conditioning in the 37-120 appears to be Vintage Air or similar. Since the car is now 12 Volt, the Packard engine can turn the compressor easily. They sell Air Conditioning for Model A Fords and the little four bangers can handle the modern compressor so I doubt if a Packard Engine would even notice the extra strain...Ernie

Posted on: 2017/9/21 12:30
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information

Posted on: 2017/9/21 18:07
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
If the quality of this homemade stretch limo is comparable to the quality of the pictures; I'll pass.

Posted on: 2017/9/21 20:30
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
1936 120 touring sedan. Straight 8 with 700R automatic transmission(?). I'm wondering how they made that fit. It's also talking about hydraulics. I hope that's a typo...
Oh and the asking price is very optimistic

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/1936-packard-120-in-excellent/6314309126.html

Well u found some more pictures in another ad, and it has hydraulics...
https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/1936-packard-120-four-door/6311565893.html
Does it take hydraulics to have your wife/girl friend sit on the fender like that? Or did she take most of her cloths off because the AC didn't work?

I rather buy this 37 senior touring sedan and keep $40k in my pocket.
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/1937-packard-supertouring/6306113136.html

Posted on: 2017/9/22 9:28

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
It makes one sick to see a Packard chopped up and hydraulics installed. About three years ago the wife & I went to a car show in Santa Maria (Calif.). There was a 1935 Super Eight Convertible that the owner was "Fixing Up". He had installed a Chevy crate engine and automatic tranny. The frame had already been cut up to install hydraulics for lowering and bouncing. He informed me that his next step was the interior. I asked him what he did with the original engine and tranny. His reply was "I got rid of that old shit".

I informed him that he would be lucky to get $60K or $70K for the car after he was done. He smiled and said maybe $80K. As we turned to leave I informed him with that with that old shit engine and tranny that properly restored he would have had a $250K car. Thus adding credence to the saying "There is no explaining stupid".

Posted on: 2017/9/22 10:03
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
Marston:

I agree with you completely when idiots with too much disposable income decide to turn a rare, valuable car like that '35 (or the awful '36 120) into a custom, hot rod, or worse yet, low-rider. Even more bizarre is when someone takes the body off an antique car and installs it atop a monster truck!

That said, I don't get too worked up when someone takes a Packard that would otherwise be scrapped and customizes it. While it is individual taste, I see that as giving new life to an otherwise doomed car. I have actually seen a few Packard custom jobs that were masterfully done and are beautiful and practical drivers. I would never do this to my Clipper, but to each his own.

(I've got a bad feeling that I am about to be hammered!)

Posted on: 2017/9/22 14:48
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information
Hammered? No way, same thing I say. I have cars come to the shop wanting hacked, and I turn them away. I Will NOT Hack a Pack. However, while not my choice either, I will as you stated "Modify" a car that is not realistically restorable to keep it from the heap. No Hammers here, much respect......

Posted on: 2017/9/22 18:39
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information

Posted on: 2017/9/24 7:22
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
I think the 15th of September already passed.....for the parts car.

Posted on: 2017/9/24 8:02
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information

Posted on: 2017/9/24 8:22

Top  Print 

« 1 ... 285 286 287 (288) 289 290 291 ... 498 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved