Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
145 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 142

DJP-37-120, AJS, Ross, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 163 164 165 (166) 167 168 169 ... 499 »

Re: Various CL Pickings
Home away from home
Home away from home

Stewart Ballard
See User information

Posted on: 2016/2/11 11:12
Stewart Ballard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
A parts car, and a marginal one at that IMO. Oh well, it just enhances the value of the rest of them.

Posted on: 2016/2/11 11:27
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
$7000 !!?? Bloody Downstairs! Does the shredded blue tarp come with it?

Posted on: 2016/2/11 11:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
For that kinda $ I hope it comes with about 10 acres that it sits on.

Posted on: 2016/2/11 11:45
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

DrewLA
See User information
Two Packards out of the Automobile Driving Museum (where I volunteered until last June) are up for sale.

1953 Patrician
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/5440716736.html

1940 120 Sedan
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/5429814158.html

Given how few details are mentioned in the ads, I'm not convinced the guy representing them for the museum knows the cars...for starters, the '53 never was a CHP cruiser...but maybe you can swing a deal with them.

Posted on: 2016/2/11 12:18
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The 53 is an interesting car to be a museum piece.

The color of the upholstery is striking. Is that supposed to be code 504 Maroon Broadcloth which was available in Patricians or someones modern interpretation? To my eye it makes quite a loud statement -- particularly with the gray dash and window garnish. The short section of headliner color between the door panel and rear seat back also looks odd.

Am surprised to see it listed as a CHP cruiser. Even Broderick Crawford wouldn't rate a senior Packard so I'm with DrewLA. If it was a cruiser, CHP must have had lots of money in those days or someone was dreaming.

Posted on: 2016/2/11 13:29
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi Howard

"Striking" You're being kind! Gadzooks! Magenta polyester mouse fur with olive green dash and window sills! But, they did replicate the original patterns.....that's a plus....I guess.

That spotlight-mirror must be enough to qualify it as a CHP cruiser. Doubtful any CHP unit was buying Packards then, especially not Patricians.

Steve

A few Free-Flows and Contours:

A '48 Eight, need reactivating after 10 years:
http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/5427277657.html

A '50 Eight, looks great, needs original hubcaps, nice interior:
http://fredericksburg.craigslist.org/cto/5435740142.html

A '51 200, good project start:
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/5430936565.html

A '53 Clipper Special, looks solid for a northeast car:
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/5432256951.html

Attach file:

jpg  (41.12 KB)
409_56bcddc09193c.jpg 600X450 px

jpg  (38.82 KB)
409_56bcddda1cba2.jpg 600X450 px

Posted on: 2016/2/11 14:16
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
That 53 must have been nice in 1970 if the dash plaque is a guide. You would think if they went to the trouble of redoing the interior, that they would have changed the panel by the left rear door too.

The 55 Caribbean looks like he used the "natural" way to strip the paint off the car, leave it out in the open! Why are the good ones so far away

Posted on: 2016/2/11 14:22
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

DrewLA
See User information
That '53 upholstery was never intended to replicate a Packard color-- the car was supposed to have the grey interior, based on the data plate. I think the previous owner had that color done because it was inexpensive. It's more maroon in person, but it's still weird, and its synthetic velour, so...yeah. The headliner and the "b" pillar panels seem original to the car.

The car has a windshield sticker from the CHP roadside emissions inspection program, which is probably why someone thought that meant it had been a CHP car.

Posted on: 2016/2/11 17:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

phsnkw
See User information
Yeah. That upholstery is way off for that Patrician. There was NO maroon broadcloth offered for the 1951-54 models. The 504 code refers to the maroon cloth used on the Custom sedan of the 23rd series. It seems strange since the ads of the time showed quite plainly a red broadcloth with blue, green and the tan with stripes broadcloths. There were ads with Dorothy Draper and in 54 to "Skipper the Clipper" showing those flowing cloths in vivid color.

Posted on: 2016/2/11 17:58
"Do you ever think about the things you do think about?"

Inherit the Wind
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 163 164 165 (166) 167 168 169 ... 499 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved