Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
130 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 129

JW49, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 33 »

Re: 1956 Packard Patrician Rebuild Project
Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Troy,

What is it?

Posted on: 2013/9/9 21:02
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Your car had to have been built on the last week of production with that high number. You should contact the gift shop at the Studebaker Museum in South Bend and get the build card and bill of lading, that would be $45 well spent. You would know the exact day. My former car was built June 22nd, production ended on June 25th.

Posted on: 2013/9/10 9:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information

Posted on: 2013/9/10 9:26
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information
Thanx, Ill check that out. that is what I was wondering If the build was Detroit or South Bend. I was originally told it was one of the last build in Detroit before the move to South Bend.

Posted on: 2013/9/10 9:29
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Troy, only the Studebaker-based Packards of 1957-58 were built in South Bend. After the move from Warren OH to Detroit in 1904, all Packards (except the 57-58) were built either in Canada (1931-39) or Detroit, though a few knock-down kit Packards were "assembled" overseas including a few (2?)55-56 models in Belgium by D'Ieteren Freres who had a long-standing relationship with Studebaker.

PS - D'Ieteren Freres, founded in 1805, has a long-standing history in the automotive business, partly as a premier coachbuilder during the 30s doing much of their work on the Minerva chassis. They are still very much in business, among other things they are the distributor in Belgium for Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Seat, Porsche, Bentley, Lamborghini, Bugatti and Yamaha. Google them for more info if you're interested.

Posted on: 2013/9/10 10:03
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
As a point of clarification: many records, files and objects were shipped from the East Grand Blvd. offices of Packard to South Bend (Stoody-baker) after the acquisition of S-P by Curtis-Wright and the subsequent closing of all Detroit (=Packard) operations.
Troy, your car was built by Packard at the (ill conceived) Conner ave. plant, a facility Packard leased from Chrysler. It was a Briggs body plant built originally for aircraft work, became "war surplus" after V-E day and Briggs shipped all of the Packard body production there after the war.
I wrote an article on the plant in a 2007 edition of the Packard Cormorant.

Posted on: 2013/9/10 10:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
... P51D Mustang ...

+ + + calling Mal (Ozstatman) + + + calling Mal + + +

We need a kind of aeroplane hangar at the owner registry to meet the requirements of Troy's second marvelous Packard.

+ + + over and out + + +

Posted on: 2013/9/10 10:53
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information
She is slowly starting to come apart. Someone had the good sense to undercoat a lot of the fender and underbody. It really saved the metal after 57 years but it takes a lot longer to get the hardware off. Thus far, I have not found any rust through spots yet although I can see the rockers are shot.

Posted on: 2013/9/21 21:25
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Troy,

The pic's turned 90 degrees are awkward but the 180 degree one is impossible! Because I'm getting older I'm finding it harder and harder to stand on my head to look at pic's like that! So to help me, and others in the same boat, I've reposted them in a friendlier viewing format.
Please take this post in the spirit it's meant to be, humorous. And not as a criticism, words loose a lot of their nuances when in print

Attach file:

jpg  (31.36 KB)
226_523e64aa1bd02.jpg 382X512 px

jpg  (25.84 KB)
226_523e64b8b3937.jpg 382X512 px

jpg  (39.65 KB)
226_523e64c44bf03.jpg 640X478 px

Posted on: 2013/9/21 22:39
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information
Thank you very much, I didn't understand why they posted that way and I could not get them rotated. what is your secret. hahaha

Posted on: 2013/9/22 8:28
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 33 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved