Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
152 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 152

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: What is the most unusual bit of Packardiana in your collection?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan
See User information
This doesn't belong to me, but friends have a metal ashtray (I think) presented to a Packard salesperson in the 1930s-'40s as a salesperson of the month type thing...

Posted on: 2013/12/23 15:35
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
On the back left rear corner of the trunk lid on my 1951 Packard 200 is a metal Packard name plate that says:
Kiker's Packard, Plainview, TX. I have been able to source old newspaper archives and get newspaper advertisements from the 30's to the mid 50's placed by Kiker's Packard dealership. The badge is shown in Packard Info, under the dealers list.

Posted on: 2013/12/24 17:18
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
1953 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan
1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Tri-tone
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
I remember the Kiker dealership from my childhood, growing up in Hereford TX, not too far from Plainview.

I have an unusual Packard artifact - a brass western type belt buckle made in 1974 by the Bergamot Brass Works. It has a front view of a early 20's car on top, with the word"PACKARD" underneath. Never worn it; found it at a swap meet somewhere in Dallas.

Posted on: 2013/12/24 18:54
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
actually found another one on line just like the one I have.

http://www.vintageusa.com/product.php?productid=40825&cat=277&page=3

Posted on: 2013/12/24 19:33
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
I have the same belt buckle it was my Grandfather's. I've never worn it, but he did.

Posted on: 2013/12/24 19:36
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

WC
See User information
I have a Gruen wrist watch that belonged to the last Packard dealer here in Birmingham, Alabama- Mr. Leslie Penton. Packard, in the new for '54 script, is on the face in gold. Inscribed on the back is "In appreciation of your contribution to President's month June 1954 J J Nance". President's month was a special push of the Cavalier as Packard had contracted with Briggs Body for a given number of Senior bodies and sales of the Patrician and Cavalier were going too slowly. With the upcoming redesign of the '55 Packard's and the Chrysler takeover of Briggs, there was a dire need to move the cars. Since the Cavalier could be manufactured cheaper, a plan to sell them was conceived and called President's month. Sell enough and you got a gold watch. I bought the watch from Mr. Penton (and was told the story)in the 1970's and treasure the watch and the memories.

Posted on: 2013/12/24 21:24
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
although I couldn't find the belt buckle like yours, I swear I have it, I did find another one along with a bunch of other stuff my Grandfather collected over the years.

lots of ribbons from the Texas Packard meets, which apparently moved around the state instead of always being in Salado. a drink coaster, playing cards, magnifying glass w/ light, pen, etc etc.

the picture is me in front of his 47, around 8-10 years old.

none of these are "Packard" items, just stuff I kept that I thought was cool.

Attach file:

jpg  (64.19 KB)
491_52ba5e1151ee3.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (112.97 KB)
491_52ba5ea464d52.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2013/12/24 23:24
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Quote:

David Grubbs wrote:
I remember the Kiker dealership from my childhood, growing up in Hereford TX, not too far from Plainview.

I have an unusual Packard artifact - a brass western type belt buckle made in 1974 by the Bergamot Brass Works. It has a front view of a early 20's car on top, with the word"PACKARD" underneath. Never worn it; found it at a swap meet somewhere in Dallas.

I have one too. Mine has the works name cast on the back and "Z 37" stamped above it. I have never worn it. Forget where I got it, but have had it for a long time, maybe since the 1970s.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/12/25 15:20
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

The Donald
See User information
My Grandfather worked at the Packard coachworks (?) in the Boston area. I have his "Badge" which was a brass watch fob with the Packard logo on one side and his employee number stamped on the other.

Posted on: 2017/11/28 12:54
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
While I don't own this piece, it did sell this weekend for $325 in Dallas, TX at a public auction. It appears to be something like a small tray, or business card holder from the Aimila Automobile Co, Sole Agents Packard Cars, New Queen's Road, Bombay.

Hopefully the buyer is a supporter of the Packard Proving Grounds and is planning on donating it to us. One can hope.

Attach file:

jpg  (42.58 KB)
436_5a2eba467189c.jpg 750X498 px

Posted on: 2017/12/11 12:03
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved