Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
127 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 126

Jim in Boone, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: What is the most unusual bit of Packardiana in your collection?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Packard, MG and Morris is quite the combination. Don't remember seeing too many MG or Morris cars in New Mexico during the 50s but I hope they all didn't exit the car business at the same time leaving the dealer scratching his head.

Posted on: 2018/1/15 16:50
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Here's a bit more from my collection. How about an award from Packard Proving Ground in recent years, but piston is old... from a Packard and wood base is even older...salvaged from the Packard Plant factory admin offices.

You might enjoy reading the explanation on the underside of this very creative and well-done Packard Proving Grounds award.

Attach file:

jpg  (266.41 KB)
1249_5a5f885911774.jpg 1920X1440 px

jpg  (441.54 KB)
1249_5a5f888239621.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2018/1/17 12:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
And... how about this piece de resistance? This is a prototype cap that was intended for wire wheels on the 1957 Detroit-built Packards that were never produced. Cap came from a Packard upper management executive and was the last known Packard part to leave the plant in hands of management.

Those who attended the Packard Concept Car Seminar at last year's PAC Packard Club National Meet at South Bend got to hold and examine this cap as I passed it around for attendees to see.

Attach file:

jpg  (383.64 KB)
1249_5a5f89f92a470.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2018/1/17 12:38
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved