Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
114 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 21 22 23 (24) 25 26 27 ... 40 »

Re: HA's 52 200 Grey Ghost
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hans Ahlness
See User information
Mal, I only saw the airport in Sydney as we just passed through on the 25th and again on the 2nd. We overnighted in Cairns, that's where the shuttle to our stop in PNG leaves from. I thought about checking with you guys but knew that the travel sked wasn't going to open up much unfortunately. who knows, might be back that way again before too long and maybe I can make some time in there somewhere.

Posted on: 2014/10/8 13:27
1952 Model 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
HA's 52 Grey Ghost

"The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I believe Cairns was the subject town in "A Town Like Alice". One of my favorites. Gotta get out there one of these days.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2014/10/8 21:35
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
Don't believe so. Cairns is a resort city on the coast in the tropics and "Willston" the fictional town the heroine is trying to turn into "a town like Alice" (Springs) is in the middle of the Outback.

jack vines

Posted on: 2014/10/9 0:17
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Jack,

Posted on: 2014/10/9 2:51
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Right, Cairns is where they went for their romantic get away (up to the tropics). Alice Springs is the "Town Like Alice". Would love to put my eyes on Ayres (sp.?) Rock too. Thanks for clarifying.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2014/10/9 11:28
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hans Ahlness
See User information
Hey, I actually got a chance to work on the Ghost again! About dang time, I know. I managed a couple nights last week to de-rust and prime the trunk area, so now the entire interior of the car is done with that process except a couple limited nooks and crannies. One area that I want to clean up and prime yet is along the very rear of the trunk. There is a well there and it is fairly impossible to get tools in there. I think the best method will be to use a portable sandblasting gun. I'll have to seal off the trunk so I don't get blasting media everywhere, but it should go quickly and hopefully I won't find any rust-through holes.

Attach file:

jpg  (52.54 KB)
34001_5445ce08a7591.jpg 612X816 px

jpg  (28.96 KB)
34001_5445ce2d54ac9.jpg 612X816 px

Posted on: 2014/10/20 22:08
HA's 52 Grey Ghost

"The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
Wow looks great!

Posted on: 2014/10/21 17:27
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
I'm impressed - I don't see any rust holes! HA - how is the drain hole in the spare tire well addressed? I have a thick piece of rubber over the one in my 51 to allow drainage, without too much splashing in. I didn't know if it is supposed to have a rubber plug in it or not.
Thanks

Posted on: 2014/10/21 21:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stephen Houseknecht
See User information
David,

Mine doesn't have anything nor does the trunk floor I bought from Ross. Neither one shows any indication of ever having a plug.

Posted on: 2014/10/21 21:31
Stephen
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hans Ahlness
See User information
No plugs or cover in my well either, of course the bottom was bashed up a ways so if something had been there it could have been ripped out. So right now I just have the two holes, I would like to come up with some kind of cover that allows drainage though.

Posted on: 2014/10/21 22:20
HA's 52 Grey Ghost

Top  Print   

« 1 ... 21 22 23 (24) 25 26 27 ... 40 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved