Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
115 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 114

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 27 28 29 (30) 31 32 33 ... 40 »

Re: HA's 52 200 Grey Ghost
Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
Great work! I've never seen the gear selector arrow lit up before. Never got that far with my automatic. In fact I remember driving it around at night while holding a flashlight in my hand because the cluster lights didn't work! I love your plug system. Very slick!

Posted on: 2015/6/29 20:44
[url=h
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Weeks
See User information
Your dash looks beautiful! I love the look of a Packard dash at night, just can't beat them. I often drive my 50 on cool summer evenings out on a country road, just to enjoy the dash!!

Posted on: 2015/6/30 0:21
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hans Ahlness
See User information
I have a question about what to specify for a size on an alternator pulley? I am planning on installing a Delco 10SI unit, but is there a certain size for the pulley and for the v-belt groove that I want?

Posted on: 2015/7/5 20:00
1952 Model 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
HA's 52 Grey Ghost

"The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hans Ahlness
See User information
I answered my own question by looking at an alternator at NAPA, the pulley is sized to handle pretty much any v-belt. So I picked up a Delco 10SI 63-ish amp (seems when they're rebuilt the parts get mixed together so the amp rating is given as a range) alternator, and found a generic mount. Then I built a mount adapter from some steel angle, which moved the new mount down and out. That gives room for the fatter alternator (as opposed to the old, svelte generator) to clear the engine. My adapter allows me to move the mount forward to line up the pulleys, and I got a slightly longer belt. So that's done, just need to hook up the wires and test it all out.

Attach file:

jpg  (49.42 KB)
34001_559f337a9640e.jpg 816X612 px

jpg  (42.30 KB)
34001_559f338adebe4.jpg 612X816 px

Posted on: 2015/7/9 21:53
HA's 52 Grey Ghost

"The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hans Ahlness
See User information
I've been working steadily for the last 2 weeks, a lot of flying out of town so not much time to work on the Ghost. But today I cut and installed a new divider for between the trunk and back seat. I made my new one out of 1/4" plastic sign board, I bought a 4x8 sheet of it from one of the local sign companies for less than $20. I attached it with plastic push-in rivets (used for a lot of modern interiors) that are easier to remove than the old metal clips. I also sanded, primed and painted my inner left front fender to dress up the engine compartment. I'd already done the right fender and installed that. These will get redone with some weld repairs when the car gets painted someday, but it looks better for now.

While the paint was drying, I installed the soundproofing material on the floor - some generic Dynamat type stuff I got from Kanter. I need another pack of that stuff to do the inside of the roof too, since I removed all the old asbestos-tarpaper stuff that had been originally installed in the car.

Attach file:

jpg  (34.11 KB)
34001_55ab275de8548.jpg 816X612 px

jpg  (24.30 KB)
34001_55ab2772f14e4.jpg 612X816 px

jpg  (20.23 KB)
34001_55ab277ed1d76.jpg 816X612 px

Posted on: 2015/7/18 23:28
HA's 52 Grey Ghost

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

steve-52/200
See User information
I used a power gen , a generator outside and alternated inside, they're direct bolt up , and switched the distributer innards to a pertronix system painlessly .the pulley I switched to the original one but it had "ford "stamped on it !

Posted on: 2015/7/19 4:54
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hans Ahlness
See User information
The Ghost has both front fenders on for the first time in about a year and a half! It looks like a car again, instead of some crazed Modified racer. All the wiring up front is prettied up and now I just need to finish up the headlight wiring installation. I have new terminal blocks, I'd thought that I could skip cutting the wiring harness at each fender as it was all so nice, but of I need to break the wires at each corner so that a fender can be removed at some point. OK, of course they are going to be removed again. So I might as well make it easy on myself.

I wired the plug to the alternator and started the car up, and I have a good charge voltage coming from it. Once I get the dash painted I can reinstall that and the instruments and we'll see if the BAT idiot light works. I've been pretty lucky with all my wiring working correctly, so saying that should bring me back to reality somewhere soon.

Posted on: 2015/7/21 22:31
HA's 52 Grey Ghost

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
Did you find a good windshield yet?

Posted on: 2015/7/22 18:37
[url=h
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hans Ahlness
See User information
Nope, still looking around for a good windshield. I found one in Detroit but he won't ship it, so unless I find myself over there for some reason it gets a bit expensive.

Posted on: 2015/7/22 22:01
HA's 52 Grey Ghost

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

James Russell Packard III
See User information
yea I need a windshield too. i found one in Humboldt for a good price. i will keep your posted. he may have another

Posted on: 2015/7/26 11:21
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 27 28 29 (30) 31 32 33 ... 40 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved