Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
147 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 143

Gary Kulp, Paul E. Gallagher, Sharkey, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Phil Bray Obituary 4-10-14
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

PackardV16
See User information
I just received sad news today that Phil Bray died. He was a good friend to the PAC, CCCA, and all old car enthusiasts, and was especially helpful to me with my Packard's high speed differential that was on my car. Here is the obituary:

BRAY, PHILIP T.2014-04-10
BRAY PHILIP T. Age 74. April 7, 2014 of Grosse Ile. Beloved husband of Carol Bray and the late Susan Bray. Loving dad of Tamara Bray (Boleslo Romero), the late Richard, Douglas (Donna), Michele (Michael) Knox, Mindy (Pete) Tougas and Kymberly Flannery. Proud grandpa of Joseph, Caitlin, Jacob, Tyler, Carson, Samuel, Andrew, Emily, Justin and Caleb. Dearest brother of Sherry (Walter) Johnson and Mary Ann (Michael) Salway. Also survived by other loving family and friends. Preceded in death by his parents Roland and Edra and his brother David. Philip was retired from Chrysler and was an active member with many car clubs. Funeral service Friday 10 a.m. at The Trenton Chapel-Martenson Family of Funeral Homes, 3200 West Rd., Trenton. Visitation Thursday 2-8 p.m. Memorial contributions may be made to the Amercian Cancer Society. Interment Grosse Ile Memorial Cemetery. To share a memory, visit www.martenson.com
- See more at:
http://deathnotices.michigan.com/view-single.php?id=340441&Submit=View+Notice+/+Guest+Book#sthash.fJsnSTK0.dpuf

Posted on: 2014/4/11 15:21
 Top  Print   

Re: Phil Bray Obituary 4-10-14
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Sad indeed. A true hobbyist and friend to the fraternity of car collectors.

Posted on: 2014/4/11 17:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Yes, it was very sad to circulate that notice of his passing to the members of Motor City Packards earlier this week.

Phil was one of the most helpful and friendliest guys I have ever met. When he did not have a new, project car to work on he and his wife were off on a vintage car tour someplace.

Several years ago he invited the members of MCP to tour his collection. Below are several photos from that event. His 1941 Darrin convertible Victoria had the hood open to display the dual carb set-up. The other photo is Phil explaining the details on 1 of 3 German bumper cars he had just finished restoring.

He will be missed.

Attach file:

jpg  (102.76 KB)
436_53488fbb2e935.jpg 1200X900 px

jpg  (168.47 KB)
436_53488fda59a27.jpg 1200X900 px

Posted on: 2014/4/11 19:59
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Jason Smith
See User information
Wow, sad news for sure. I hadn't heard of this until now. I had the pleasure of working with him a few times in the past few years. A couple years ago he was having trouble with a generator, so I jumped at the chance to go to his place and help him out as well as look at his collection. He had an awesome collection and was a great guy to deal with. Those bumper cars were neat and restored beautifully! My thoughts are with his family, always sad to lose good guys like Phil.
-Jason

Posted on: 2014/4/13 22:29
Jason
Advanced Electrical Rebuilders
Starter, Generator & Distributor Restoration
jason@aerrebuild.com
www.aerrebuild.com
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved