Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
141 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 141

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

38/39 Accessory Catalog
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Would anybody have a copy of the 38/39 accessory catalog? I'm especially interested in the accessories offered for the senior Packards

Posted on: 2014/4/13 16:41
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Re: 38/39 Accessory Catalog
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Hi BDC;

I don't have a 38/39, hopefully someone else does.

But I do have a 37. Am I guessing correctly that you're especially interested in front fender lights? Front fender lights are listed as available for all 1937 models, junior and senior. PA-5504 in chrome or PA-5503 in lacquer to match standard body paints, and PA-5505 in prime. My 35-41 parts book only shows fender lights as standard for 1940 and I suspect other than a change in the base to match the different fender profile these may be very similar to the accessory lights in 1937 and perhaps 38/39; I say this because the 1938 Super 8 wiring diagram in the shop manual shows "Fender Lights - special equipment" - I think that's the clincher that they were available for 1938 Super 8 and also the Twelve, the wiring diagram for the Eight (aka 120) does not show the fender light wiring.

Attach file:

jpg  (63.67 KB)
177_534b16e0b4c79.jpg 1280X785 px

Posted on: 2014/4/13 17:53
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

tabletennissport
See User information
I can help you with the '39 catalogue. Please PM me.

Posted on: 2014/4/13 18:01
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Yes Dave that's me, and the fender lights is what I'm looking for

Tabletennissport pm sent

Posted on: 2014/4/13 18:36
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

39SixSedanMan
See User information
Actually, the 40 fender lights were made available as a retrofit kit for cars back to 35, I think.

The 39 catalog shows a different style than the 40's; the style is of a light housing raised on a mount (like the earlier car tail lights) as opposed to the flush mount lights of 40.

Pat

Posted on: 2014/4/14 19:55
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved