Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
155 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 155

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Need some help with my new 1003
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
I have a new 1003 for my collection, saw the car again after a 30 year period of storage. I will get it in the registry when i get some pictures. I have several questions as 33's are hard to find, the car has two holes in the rear bumper in board of the guard. the owner has sean two other cars, one had what looked like aftermarket guards and the other was plugged with bolts. Any ideas? i thought it might be a support for the luggage rack if so would like to know what one looks like, also would love to have a good picture of what the courtesy light switch on the B pillar looks like. thanks for your help, what a great car, i can't wait to get it to my toy box. Dell

Posted on: 2014/4/14 21:22

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print 

Re: Need some help with my new 1003
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Jon,

Great to hear you "have a new 1003". And also great that you "will get it in the registry". Congratulations!

Posted on: 2014/4/14 21:52
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Rear bumper luggage rack support for a 34 Eight/Super Eight can be seen here. It's a pivoting arm that swivels down out of the way when the trunk rack is not lowered. The 33 doesn't have an open center to the bumper so the mounting will be different. You'll also find some other pictures in that thread from a very original 1933 Super Eight which may also be useful to you.

http://www.packardclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=686

By far the expert on 1933 models is Bruce Blevins out in MI and he has an extensive array of remanufactured parts for them.

Posted on: 2014/4/14 22:28
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Jon:
You need to contact "Mr. 33" aka: Bruce Blevins at Blevins Screw Products in Flint, MI. I've seen that part on his 1933 Packards and if I recall correctly he is re-producing that part.

He can be reached at blevinsb33@aol.com

Best of Luck

EDIT: Checked with Bruce this AM - that is a two piece part. Bill Hirsch has the threaded piece with the rubber tip and Bruce makes the mount that attaches to the rear bumper.

Posted on: 2014/4/14 22:56
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Just speculation given the parts book has only one part number listed for rear bumper.

Packard used courtesy cars that towed motor cycles behind them using a hitch bolted to the bumper. They would drop off or pick up the courtesy car and return on the motorcycle, or towing the motorcycle.

Just speculation of course.

Posted on: 2014/4/15 17:14
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Tim, the name Packard used for the package of dual sidemounts and a rear trunk rack was "Deluxe Equipment" and that included the 6th wheel & tire and all the hardware including the trunk rack & bumpers (but not including the side mount covers) so I'm not at all surprised that they aren't identified with the bumper section of the parts list.

Posted on: 2014/4/15 17:49
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
thank you all for your help; will have to invest in more parts books and get an e-mail off to bruce.
the car should arrive some time next month and i will be able to get a better idea of what is missing. dell

Posted on: 2014/4/15 20:53

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Jon,
for including your '33 Super Eight Sedan in the Registry, looks good!

Posted on: 2014/5/6 1:42
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved