Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
91 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 87

humanpotatohybrid, kevinpackard, BigKev, Sharkey, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1941 Packard 180 Touring Sedan for Sale
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
The traditional word used to describe this car is - Ratty.

I'll have to check if the oil filter change to shunt was a running or a series change, but if it was a running change in 1940 then the motor number is a problem. I notice as well the manifold looks to be cracked.

If the car looks bad in pictures then it has problems. And this car looks bad - especially the interior which is junk.

The springs look good so maybe it has new ones, but be sure to test drive the car in case the front end is bent out of shape.

The 12 volt conversion is a burnout as well.

To borrow a phrase from a well known Packard expert - $20,000 if you want to be nice. And even at that I would walk away from this deal.

The one thing I like about the car is the hood ornament. I like driving behind the "flying lady" because it points the way. I also like the Caddy goddess for the same reason.

That place is going to hate me forever.

Posted on: 2014/4/15 16:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Here's a 1941 160 from a private seller. Too bad it only has 1 picture.

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/packard/super_8/1631131.html

Posted on: 2014/4/16 12:07
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Now that looks to be a nice car. The ride height might be a little low due to age. Some people want sidemounts, but if you ever work on the five wheeler you'll forget about the option. Plus the five wheeler rides much better without all that weight on the cowl.

There was a really nice black car that sold a year or two ago for the low $20,000's. It was sharp.

Posted on: 2014/4/16 16:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
I'd say the '41 offered by Volo Motors is at least $12,000.00 over priced. For me, there would be too much to be undone to make the car acceptable. But what's 'acceptable' certainly varies from person to person. It appears to me that good money was spent on some restoration details while other items were done on the extreme cheap.

Posted on: 2014/4/17 8:57
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

robtroxel
See User information
I am very appreciative of all your comments and advice. Amazing to me what you guys could see just from the dealer photos.
I do think the side mounts make this car look even better. Fact is though that one would need to do a fair amount of work to get this 180 back on track. I'd rather find one already done right.

Posted on: 2014/4/17 16:27
Rob Troxel
1941 Packard 110 Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved