Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
101 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 100

‘29 633 Mel, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

1937 Packard (Ebay)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information

Posted on: 2014/4/17 13:29
 Top  Print 

Re: 1937 Packard (Ebay)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Gerard O'Keefe
See User information
Dash is correct.In my opinion, the 37 junior cars have the best looking dash of all the junior series.Not sure about shift knob.

Posted on: 2014/4/17 14:07
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
shift knob is not correct (basic black for a 115c). the dash should be dark dark chocolate brown where it is body color blue, a very common mistake. Oh, and the garnish mouldings were not originally chromed.

Posted on: 2014/4/17 15:11
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
Good grief ... this is a beautiful, reasonably priced Packard, not some custom-bodied Packard Twelve! Maybe not everything is not absolutely perfect: but what the hell? What is this car going to be used for? Some Joe's Trailer Queen or a car that an owner can be proud of and enjoy driving? Some of you guys just get too anal for words.

Posted on: 2014/4/17 16:22
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I didn't read the comments as belittling the car; I saw them as wanting to know what's right and what's not so you can have some negotiating points to discuss price. If I were considering the purchase of another car I'd want to know what is and what isn't correct.

Posted on: 2014/4/17 16:50
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
If it were mine, I'd also want to know how to finish it properly.

Posted on: 2014/4/17 17:00
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
Well, what you see is what you get, and what you get appears to be a very sporty Packard, rumble seat and all.

Yes, I agree, getting pointers on authenticity is valuable, coming from one who is not qualified to "tailpipe peep." Just facts. I'm sure after I retracted my tongue from my shoelaces, I could handle the chrome moulding.

It wouldn't take long to tally up the asking price if you were restoring a restorable model like this one. It's tastefully done. Just think of all the Independence and other patriotic holidays where this would be the star.

Perhaps less costly to maintain than most Packards.

OK the seller missed the jazz age by a decade and I'm not sure the dash is wood, but someone looking for a fun car that the whole family could appreciate...It would be hard to stay home if this were in the garage.

Posted on: 2014/4/17 17:23
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Gotta love the new avatar, Joe.

Posted on: 2014/4/17 17:29
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
I was simply answering the question and made an additional comment. I have no desire to judge or prejudice either the restorer, owner, seller or potential buyers as to the details of the car. Its a nice car, put the top down and drive it.

Posted on: 2014/4/17 18:07
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
I'm sorry guys ... your comments regarding these cars is perfectly legit and reasonable. I just hope this nice car finds a good home and someone who appreciates the quality and beauty of this Packard, flaws and all.

Posted on: 2014/4/17 18:13
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved