Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
138 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 138

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

drag link
Home away from home
Home away from home

Lonny
See User information
does anyone have a print on the drag link ball stud connection. there are spacers, springs, and cups that fit the ballstud. Not sure how they all go in?
lonny

Posted on: 2014/4/19 19:29
 Top  Print 

Re: drag link
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Year and model?

Posted on: 2014/4/19 20:46
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Lonny
See User information
sorry I had a brain fart It is a 1934 1101-718

Posted on: 2014/4/20 9:14
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Have you looked at the illustration of the front axle in the 33-36 parts listing? Though it doesn't show the drag link other than the ball stud, it does show the tie rod end and the internal configuration is very similar. It should be pretty obvious from the parts in hand just how it assembles and they are adjustable within reason. I don't recall if anyone repros the leather dust boot but it's a fun little project to make them if not.

Attach file:

jpg  (113.84 KB)
177_5353e6c3ac502.jpg 1280X903 px

Posted on: 2014/4/20 10:22
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Lonny
See User information
I have that drawing. The drag link configuration is different. There are spacers and springs that hold the ball stud the right distance form inside. Then there has to be some spacers so that the inside nut goes in the right distance. Thank you for the help.

Posted on: 2014/4/20 19:49
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Just guessing, but aren't the spacers used to adjust the overall length between ball studs so that the steering wheel can be centered when the driving wheels are in an exact straight-forward position?

Posted on: 2014/4/21 8:36
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packardbarry
See User information
-O-D is correct about the spacer being used for whl adjustment. NO drawing as far as i know. Parts book calls out number and thk of spacers that go in the longer pocket / front. Believe orig spring spec adjustment was to bottom spring out and back off 2,1/2 turns and later changed it to 1,1/2
-BOOT can be had from Classics and Exotics, Troy M

Posted on: 2014/4/22 7:51
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved