Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
217 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 215

Don B, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

53 Caribbean Trim
Home away from home
Home away from home

Richter12x2
See User information
The fellow I bought my car from mentioned that there was a company that sold all the reproduction chrome trim for the '53 Caribbean, but I haven't been able to find it, and I imagine original pieces are probably as rare as hen's teeth and quite dear.

I have the wheel arches, but most are rusted through, I may have one of the correct long pieces, or it may be for another car entirely. The pieces that run over the top of the doors and onto the quarter panels is totally missing.

Does anyone have any ideas whether these pieces are being made reproduction? I'm skeptical, as this gentleman has been mistaken before, and I can't imagine the market dictating a demand, but I suppose anything is possible.

Or does anyone know anything that may help, such as that the top door chrome on the Caribbean was actually just a cut down side bar from a Super Clipper or something? :) Wishful thinking, I'm sure, but it had to come from somewhere.

Thank you!

Posted on: 2014/4/24 13:09
 Top  Print   

Re: 53 Caribbean Trim
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The wheel arch trim was reproduced about 25 years ago and I don't believe it has been done again. There were a pair for sale recently at a Packard National meet so you might try Joel Ray and some of the other regulars.

Posted on: 2014/4/24 13:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Richter12x2
See User information
Thank you sir!

Posted on: 2014/4/24 13:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
The door piece, if it is the one I'm thinking about was reproduced by Bob Berg many years ago.

Posted on: 2014/4/24 18:55
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved