Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
112 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 110

Ozstatman, 53 Cavalier, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Need help identifying/finding 41 160 special window crank
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dan Marrin
See User information
I am having a very difficult time locating a missing window crank for my 41 Rollson. I didn't think this item would be so difficult to identify, since I assumed it would be a stock packard part, but evidently it is not. I suppose it could have come from any source that Rollson chose to use back in 1941, since it was a custom job. I am hoping that one of you might recognize the crank and where it might have come from. Once I know what it is, it might be easier to locate one. The .pdf file show the crank in greater detail with dimensions etc. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Attach file:

pdf Size: 989.07 KB; Hits: 74

jpg  (39.64 KB)
364_48b2c5cb9a126.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2008/8/25 9:45
Dan Marrin
Summers; Breezy Point, MN, Winters; The Villages, FL
'48 Sup8 conv, '48 Sup8Del LWB sed, '58 Hawk.
 Top  Print   

Re: Need help identifying/finding 41 160 special window crank
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Years back Roland Crawford in Maine (Packard Parts Unlimited), long deceased now, had boxes and boxes of Rollston and Rollson hardware and surely his stash went somewhere, though I don't know where. Let us know who you've tried thus far. Any leads speaking with other Rollston or Rollson owners? Both the PAC and CCCA directories list quite a few Rollston/Rollson cars of your vintage and no doubt they used the same hardware for many years. That would be the first thing I'd do.

Posted on: 2008/8/25 11:09
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dan Marrin
See User information
Owen:

Thanks for the vote of confidence and potential leads. So far I have tried Kanter, Max Merritt, and John Ulrich, all to no avail, in fact, no one remembers ever even having seen anything like these.

Could you direct me to a link of PAC members, their cars amd contact info. I joined recently but haven't become familiar yet with the info that they might offer.

I don't have any connection to the CCCA.

Posted on: 2008/8/25 22:30
Dan Marrin
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

todd landis
See User information
Some years back when I was restoring my 40, 1808 I needed some replacement handles and cranks. These being used on only one year and senior models. It took me a bit, but I went to a few art schools, and finally found a starving artist that was somewhat familiar in casting brass and bronze for some statues he had made. Gave him some of my good handles, in a couple of weeks he had made molds, and had more handles than I could possibly use. He had a few dollars, and I had some handles. If you can read and have some time you could cast these yourself. But it is a lot of work. If there is someone local that fools around with making statues, he or she surely could cast handles. And you might try local artist fairs.

Posted on: 2008/8/25 23:02
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Have you tried David Moe at Seattle Packards or Sandy Chico at Tucson Packards? Those kind of handles and trim parts are right up their alleys.

Posted on: 2008/8/26 1:11
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dan Marrin
See User information
Kev & Tolandis:

Thanks for chiming in. I'll try Seattle & Tuscon to see if they might have it. I was hoping I wouldn't have to get so creative as to have them sculpted, but that's always a possibility.

Posted on: 2008/8/26 8:17
Dan Marrin
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Could you direct me to a link of PAC members, their cars amd contact info. I joined recently but haven't become familiar yet with the info that they might offer.

I'm not aware of any "link" to PAC members other than their club directory. As a member you should have one or will be getting one. If you ever find Rollson hardware with one of the traditional Packard vendors it will be the miracle of the century. Contact other Rollson-bodied Packard owners, one may have a parts car or some parts. I'm a bit reluctant to make the content of the member directory public here, but if you send me a PM I'll collect some names and phone numbers of 40-42 Rollson owners and forward to you.

Posted on: 2008/8/26 8:19
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
I certainly do not recognize this as any "standard" pre-war Packard handle. The ball at the end is press-pin standard for 36-37 juniors, I believe 35-37 seniors, and some seniors through 41, so getting a ball should be easy. the handle would not be a difficult, or expensive, casting and it would save you many many steps in searching. Brass would be easy to plate. Having said that, you would probably then start tripping over them...but if anyone knew what they fit, the price might be a shocker. If you need a referral to a caster I have had good luck with, email me at flackmaster@sbcglobal.net

Posted on: 2008/8/26 8:30
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Sorry, I accidently bleeped your PM with your email address for the contact on other Rollson and Rollston owners. Please send again and perhaps over the weekend I'll have the chance to browse CCCA and PAC for contact information.

Posted on: 2008/8/28 12:12
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved