Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
90 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 89

Ross, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Hood Latch
Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Thought I'd post this on "general" because you'd think this part would "generally" be laying around, and who knows how many years they were the same. Mine happens to be on a '54 Clipper Deluxe.

What I'm missing is the "hook" on the top latch on my hood that serves as a "safety catch" if the first (bottom) hood latch comes loose for any reason.

The hook is neatly sheered off, indicating to me that the first hood latch did come loose at one time, and the safety catch was broken as a result. This would not be too surprising, because the first latch (the lower one) does not automatically close completely when the hood is shut-- you have to pull the release rod back tight for it to hold. This may just require lube, or something might be bent.

I think I could get along with just the hook and its mounting that attaches it to the hood, but both top and bottom pieces would probably be better.

Anyone have one of these laying around, or know where to get one? Thanks.

Posted on: 2014/7/7 21:20
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Re: Hood Latch
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Try posting in the For Sale, Wanted, Trade section. You may get better luck there. That latch probably fits all the 1951-56 cars.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2014/7/8 8:47
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

JW wrote:
Try posting in the For Sale, Wanted, Trade section. You may get better luck there. That latch probably fits all the 1951-56 cars.

(o{}o)

51-4 for sure fits. The number changed in 55-6. Those might work but I think the release lever is differently shaped. The shallower angle of the V8 radiator splasher may have resulted in other changes.

Posted on: 2014/7/8 9:18
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
I have one on my '51 I can part with. PM me if interested.

Attach file:

jpg  (59.42 KB)
508_53bdcafc90444.jpg 720X1280 px

Posted on: 2014/7/9 18:06
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
You have a PM, sir.

Posted on: 2014/7/9 22:13
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved