Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
148 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 146

Don B, su8overdrive, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Seeking opinions on 1937 Packard 120 coupe
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
First on the list would be safety items: brakes, steering, suspension. A reliable engine and drive train would be next, then to the appearance items. Once you get a safe and reliable driving car you can see what you want to do next. By the way, the car will never be finished no matter how long you have it or how much you do to it.

(O{}o)

Posted on: 2014/7/11 10:35
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Meadows
See User information
I'm afraid I more than adequately demonstrated my hopelessly pedestrian mentality about cars in general by focusing on the appearance. You are correct, first and foremost are the mechanical aspects of the car. What good is it to have a beautiful car if can't be driven out of the driveway without breaking down?

It's at times like these that I wish I knew something about cars. Of course, I can always learn. But, living in an apartment with no tools or place to work on a car is quite a handicap.

kind regards
Garrett Meadows

Posted on: 2014/7/11 12:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Been there as I suspect many of us here have also. It gets better.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2014/7/11 17:46
We move toward
And make happen
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Garrett keep looking something is out there with your name on it. Take a look at this 37 115 sports coupe with rumble seat:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/cto/4565136685.html

Posted on: 2014/7/12 13:05
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Nice looking sport coupe. Interior: Seat and doors have been recovered in some kind of modern fabric (-); has a hot water heater (+); radio and defroster delete panels (+/-); banjo steering wheel (+); and "thingy" on LH side of steering column (?). Presentable. Engine compartment: A mix of 115C and 120C horns and not mounted very nicely (-); auto choke converted to manual (-); water shut off valve on water pump, should be on cylinder head. Presentable. Exterior: Center front bumper guard (+); driving/fog lights (+); and repainted in some modern color (-). Nice looking car, overall.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2014/7/12 14:32
We move toward
And make happen
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Meadows
See User information
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I appreciate them. You are right about knowing it when it I see--complemented by having the adequate funds on hand.

I'm afraid I'm one of those poor slobs who's going to have to save and save and save, or borrow the money. When you teach school for a living, borrowing money is basically a way of life, if you're ever going to have anything you may want, considerably different from what you need.

I do know that I want either a 120 sedan or 120 coupe with a straight-8. The 115 you showed me looks nice and is reasonably priced. For superior the 120 coupe I saw on Autotrader for $21K needing at a minimum another $12k in restoration work.

I've got good vibes about this site. I'm certain to find what I'm looking for through networking. Everyone here has been just wonderful to me in the scant two weeks I've been a member.

kind regards
Garrett Meadows

Posted on: 2014/7/12 15:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information

Posted on: 2014/7/12 15:40

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I like this one the best of those that have been shown. A 115C not a 120, and no rumble seat, but a more authentic looking one. Seems to have been well cared for and has not had a lot of "improvements".

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2014/7/13 13:08
We move toward
And make happen
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information

Posted on: 2014/7/13 15:22

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Ok I know you rather have an 8 cylinder but here's another 6 cylinder coupe

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/4485066293.html

Posted on: 2014/7/13 16:53

Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved