Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
144 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 144

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Underseat Heater
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
What is the trick to remove the under seat heater from the Clippers, in this case a 2106. The three sheet metal screws around the motor are out, but it seems like there is something to the rear still holding it down.
Thanks,
Mark

Posted on: 2014/7/25 17:12
 Top  Print 

Re: Underseat Heater
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
On mine there was a metal plate on one side. That plate was over the short flange extending out each side where the cores are located & had to come out. I see there are some screw holes in those flanges. Mine didn't have any screws in the holes but if there are any, that could prevent it coming up. Also, the holes in the floor for the motor and tubes are fairly small with the floor insulating felt or asphalt providing a tight seal to the motor. If that stuff stuck to the motor it might be causing the problem. Also in addition to the small holes for the tubes, the tubes are angled so the door side of the heater has to lift up first to get them straight. If one of the tubes is bent toward the front or rear it could also be a problem.

Posted on: 2014/7/25 17:24
Howard
 Top  Print 

Re: Underseat Heater
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
Thanks Howard,
It was undercoating that had built up around the rear side of the fan motor. Good time for a floor cleaning and cleaning/lubricating the seat mechanism....

Posted on: 2014/7/25 22:46
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved