Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
121 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 120

John Iaccino, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Roof insert
Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidM
See User information
While on the topic of roof inserts, can anyone suggest a source for a suitable aluminum extrusion to form the surround around the edge. The car is a 1930 740 Limo.

I have used a crescent shaped aluminum extrusion with exposed countersunk screws on a previous project (633), it worked well but I would expect that Packard and other manufacturers used something better with concealed fasteners.

Posted on: 2014/7/28 17:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dave Brownell
See User information
Being cheap (but I did buy the Kimes book), I got my copy of the excellent James Ward (Fall of the Packard....) book from my inter-library lending system. It's a good read, full of scholarly details. It may also be stocked by business schools because of its seriousness in detailing what happened...the good and bad.

The Ward book is now nearly twenty years old and somewhat hard to find at a reasonable price. It was intended as a scholarly look at the fifty eight years of Packards and the collision of events that fell it. Both it and the Kimes edition come to similar conclusions. But the Ward book digs a bit deeper into the events. I borrowed my library copy for two weeks and read it diligently to grasp all the action and facts. Now I wish I owned my own copy. Both Kimes and Ward belong on the shelves of Packard enthusiasts.

Posted on: 2014/7/28 18:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don Skotty
See User information
Dave, I assume you got the numbers off the '39 V12 Club Sedan listed on ebay.

If not, here they are:
Theft proof - 412566
Patent Plate # - 1236-2012

Attach file:

jpg  (87.28 KB)
338_53d711dd98251.jpg 1024X765 px

Posted on: 2014/7/28 22:15
Don Skotty
1938 Super 8 1604 1116 Club Sedan
1939 Twelve
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Yes, thanks Don, I did get them. It's a leftover 1938 body, as were many of the 39 Twelves.

Posted on: 2014/7/28 22:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Meadows
See User information
Thank you for the possible resources to access copies of both Packard books. I guess I'm going to gird my loins and grit my teeth and buy both books. Like you said, they are essentials for Packard enthusiasts.

kind regards
Garrett Meadows

Posted on: 2014/7/28 23:30
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved