Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
129 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 129

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1954 Packard Convertibles
Home away from home
Home away from home

BryanMoran
See User information
How many lines of Packard convertibles were available in 1954? I know the Caribbean but didn't Packard make a regular production 1954 convertible?

What would be it's name, engine size and total production if one was made?

Posted on: 2014/7/30 9:01
I restore the car, and the car restores me.
 Top  Print   

Re: 1954 Packard Convertibles
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
For a quick reference on most Packards you can click on the Packard model info in the "Main Menu" category in the left hand column and find that info.

For basic info or to compare the different models select the 54th series in the drop down menu. At the bottom is the listing for the Caribbean and the regular Convertible coupe

Posted on: 2014/7/30 9:14
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
In addition to the 54 Caribbean, Packard also offered a convertible, called the Convertible, and though still built on the junior wheelbase it finally moved up to a full senior model so it had the 359 engine. Production IIRC was 863 units.

Image below from the 1954 Salesman's Data Book.

Attach file:

jpg  (145.65 KB)
177_53d90c1a0579e.jpg 1070X1280 px

Posted on: 2014/7/30 10:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BryanMoran
See User information
Howard
I apologize. I am still learning the website. Also, 2 months ago I gave away all of my periodicals, so I would have had this information at my fingertips.

Thank you. I will continue to check into this website.

Bryan

Posted on: 2014/7/30 15:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BryanMoran
See User information
Owen
Thanks. I received an email message from a seller in San Francisco offering for sale a 1954 Packard convertible project and they did not specify if it was a Caribbean.

A follow up email from the seller did not confirm it's Caribbean status, so I will for now assume it is a Convertible.

863 is still small prodcution and the 1954 Packard is arguably an attractive car, although I believe these were derided by some as not very "Packard".

As to the motor, this made the 'Convertible' in the same league as the reborn 54 Buick Century which had a 322 cid V8 and 200hp. On the same 122" wheelbase.

Posted on: 2014/7/30 15:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Caribbeandude
See User information
the 54 Convertible is a full fledged senior Packard... maybe not as flashy as a Caribbean but still a darn nice and attractive car.... In 1954 Packard upgraded their base convertible to the senior engine, taillights, and ultramatic as standard equipment

Posted on: 2014/8/2 1:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robin Adair
See User information
54 Packard Convertible

I have one and absolutely love it. I have thought about selling a few times but I have pics of my son sitting in this car when he was five and later when he was 17 driving it. He now informs me it will never be for sale, lol.

The one big downside with this car is the hydraulic windows. I have spent a small fortune trying to get them to work.

The upside is it is one of the best driving and handling cars I have. I've had the mechanics completely gone through and the vapor lock is gone, it doesn't run hot anymore, it always starts right up...hot or cold. I have a new exhaust, gone through the complete fuel system and the correct size tires. It just floats down the road. Another thing I like about it is it's smaller than some of the other Packards and it's just plain fun to drive.

Click to see original Image in a new window

This is where you can find it on the weekends, making a run to the Snack Shack.

I hope you get one, you will love it. The tricolor red paint job doesn't bother me in the least or folks that see the car.

Posted on: 2014/8/2 7:58
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
it always starts right up...hot or cold

And it's still 6-volt? Shocking, just absolutely shocking that a 6-volt car can start right up!!

Posted on: 2014/8/2 14:27
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved