Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
162 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 162

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

What is this? Packard 200 De luxe
Just popping in
Just popping in

thomast
See User information
Hi, I'm working on an article on a 1952 Packard 200 De luxe shown on the picture below. On the front wing it has three holes that are now plugged with chrome bolts. The owner does not know why these holes are there, they really looked original so he has kept them in during rebuild. It looks like there must have been a badge there? Any suggestions? When he bought the car he was told it was a Clipper but since it's a 1952 it must be a 200.

Regards Thomas (Holland)

Attach file:

jpg  (25.95 KB)
63924_53e39255c035a.jpg 474X453 px

Posted on: 2014/8/7 9:51
 Top  Print   

Re: What is this? Packard 200 De luxe
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Nothing original from Packard would have gone there, but some dealer might have installed some nameplate. Was the car imported new to Holland, or later? Very pretty, and a nice photo.

Posted on: 2014/8/7 10:06
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Don't think it was a badge or script. Packard placed the Ultramatic script on cars so equipped but that was located on the rear fender. Are the holes only on the one side? If it were both sides and the car had been in Europe a long time, I would wonder if at some point it had trafficators added. If only one side then no ideas other than I doubt it was anything from Packard.

Posted on: 2014/8/7 10:07
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

thomast
See User information
It's on both sides, the car has been here for 20 years. Now we're at it, should a 200 not have a grill without teeth? What models had the airscoops on the rear body and when a chrome strip and when nothing?

Same with Packard lettering on the lower bonnet?

Trafficators might be the solution? I will ask if there was any wiring there. But being a Deluxe it should have had turn signals

Regards thomas

Attach file:

jpg  (80.60 KB)
63924_53e3983c1820a.jpg 853X1280 px

Posted on: 2014/8/7 10:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I like the old blue license plate instead of the ugly yellow ones!

Posted on: 2014/8/7 10:23
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
"Scoops" were standard on some higher models but also were a popular accessory for dealers to add.

Good pictures of just what this model should look like trim-wise can be found in the Dawes book among others.

Posted on: 2014/8/7 10:33
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
51 hood had the letters and 52 hood had no letters with only the crest on the grill. The Deluxe and 250 had the teeth along with the 300 and 400.

If the owner would agree to provide the numbers on the door jamb and the large embossed number on right side of firewall above the heater, it would be appreciated. Motor number stamped on a smooth area above the starter motor would also tell if the engine is original and which one. With the door jamb number we could tell you for sure if it is a 250 deluxe or a standard 200 with an incorrect grill.

Owen_Dyneto is compiling a data base of the large embossed numbers since factory records of those no longer exist for the most part. You could send the numbers via private message to Owen_Dyneto or myself if the owner does not want the information public.

Posted on: 2014/8/7 10:39
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

thomast
See User information
Thanks for all that, I have the body number: 2562 6660

does that help?

Posted on: 2014/8/7 11:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Thomas did they change it to lpg?

Posted on: 2014/8/7 11:05
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

thomast
See User information
lpg is for cooking, not for cars

But no, I run two of my cars on lpg but owners is still on petrol

Posted on: 2014/8/7 11:10
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved