Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
144 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 141

markbw, Don B, 39Rollson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: What is this? Packard 200 De luxe
Just popping in
Just popping in

thomast
See User information
This is one I did a few month ago, it's a draft pdf but since that chance is small you can all read Ducth I'll leave you to look at the pictures

Attach file:

pdf Size: 1,403.14 KB; Hits: 37

Posted on: 2014/8/7 11:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Kleine kans dat ik het lezen kan?

Posted on: 2014/8/7 11:23
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
2562 is the deluxe sedan so the grill is correct. You might be interested in downloading the 52 data book. You can get an idea of the differences between the standard and deluxe as well as how the car was typically equipped. Also some of the options available.https://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/52DataBook.pdf

Posted on: 2014/8/7 11:29
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day thomast,
to PackardInfo.

"I have the body number: 2562 6660"

Looking in Packard Model Info, which can be found at left in the Main Menu, 2562 is a 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan.

And if you can, could you please advise the owner about PackardInfo and ask him to join? We'd love to have him onboard.

EDIT - See Howard beat me to it about being a 200 Deluxe Sedan. You have to get up early to beat Howard and I thought at about 2:36am, here in Oz, I was in with a chance!

Posted on: 2014/8/7 11:36
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hans Ahlness
See User information
that's a 1952 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan, the teeth in the grille are correct and no chrome "scoop" on the rear fenders - that was the Senior models. I don't think there was any official Packard item that mounted where those bolts are on the front fenders, so those had to be for something added later. The "Ultramatic" badge on the rear fenders was only in 1951, same with the PACKARD letters on the hood above the grille.

It would be nice to know what other options it came with, for instance mine had the optional "300" engine (327 with hydraulic lifters), Ultramatic, back up lights, trunk light, and a few other little things.

nice looking car!

Posted on: 2014/8/7 15:43
1952 Model 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
HA's 52 Grey Ghost

"The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hans Ahlness
See User information
also I think it would normally have come with 3 "louvers" on the rear door/fenders on each side. And I still haven't figured out which of the many hood ornaments available are correct for which year, but I think that is a later one (53 or 54).

Posted on: 2014/8/7 15:46
1952 Model 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
HA's 52 Grey Ghost

"The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Larry51
See User information
The holes on guards each side look very much like they were drilled to mount twin mirrors.

Regarding the hood ornament - my '51 has the same ornament as the one shown, and mine is a Deluxe model (2465). So I believe that ornament is the correct one for a 52 Deluxe.

The 250 models (Convertible) had a different ornament (- winged Cormorant with wings raised as if about to fly or land).

I also understand that buyers could request an upgrade / change for the ornaments and grille teeth, and many other items. Certainly the 51-54 Manual has instructions for a whole lot of things that the Dealer could fit, like rear window demister, the three louvers, radio with rear mounted speaker, etc. See Accessories section in the Manual for details.

Posted on: 2014/8/7 18:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

Nice looking 200! That trim strip on the rear door and fender is also another non-factory addition. Appears as if it might be the same one applied to '53 Clipper Specials. The "teeth" grille does add a note of richness the 200's lack. I recall seeing various 200 sedans in junkyards years ago with the teethy grille so apparently dealer liked to upgrade the looks with them.

As far as those three holes filled with bolts, they might have held a dealer script or trafficators as suggested. Do other Americans cars of the period have anything attached at the location? Perhaps a taxable horsepower plate or such? Any indication D'Iteren Freres assembled the car from a CKD?

Steve

Posted on: 2014/8/8 9:00
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved