Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
56 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 54

Tobs, Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1937 Front Carpet
Home away from home
Home away from home

CORSASEVEN
See User information
Hello, While I was removing the floor board of my 37 115 C the original rubber floor mat disintegrated as was so brittle, really upsetting since it lasted 77 years. I took my time and carefully tried to save it but no luck. Now I've decided to replaced it with carpet.I guess I will have to make a paper pattern for cutting the carpet. My question is does the border of the carpet lay against the sides of the interior edges or is it placed under panels. I checked with Hirsch for carpet samples, is there another source for original style carpet ? Thank you

Posted on: 2014/9/1 4:45
 Top  Print   

Re: 1937 Front Carpet
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
My 115C convertible coupe has hogshair type carpeting in the passenger and rumble seat areas. The edges of the carpet in the passenger compartment are under the threshold plates. Do not know if this is correct as the car was restored in the late 1980s, but it looks like a good fit. I believe the 115Cs were originally fitted with rubber floor mats.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2014/9/1 10:46
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
The sides of the carpet are normally bound, such that the carpet pretty much lays in place. The bound edge is up to the rolled edge of the door sill plates. Originally there were two snaps at the base of the B pillar ( one on each side, where the V cutout is) just inside the rear door, and there were also two sewn in snaps about 5" in from the body just under the front edge of the rear seat.

If there is a better source than Hirsch for correct hogshair, I don't know it.

Posted on: 2014/9/1 13:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
Corsaseven, would you post a photo of the original ones? I'd like to see what they looked like. I have a 39 120 and I bet they were similar.

Posted on: 2014/9/1 15:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

CORSASEVEN
See User information
Hi David,
I will take a photo of the floor mat tomorrow and post in on the forum later in the day. Its in pretty bad shape. Thank you for your reply.

Posted on: 2014/9/1 21:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

CORSASEVEN
See User information
Hi David,
I apologize for posting the photo of my front floor mat or whats left of it. I think I am going to replace with carpet.

Attach file:

jpg  (26.96 KB)
58975_540bd35528d78.jpg 579X434 px

Posted on: 2014/9/6 22:43
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved