Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
135 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 134

Daniel Leininger, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: PPG Open House, Sunday, Oct. 19th.
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
"I MUST go in 2015, since Mal plans to be there!"...

Although still a long way away it would be good to see as many PackardInfo people there as possible, come one come all!

Posted on: 2014/10/23 14:20
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan
See User information
Quote:

Ozstatman wrote:
"I MUST go in 2015, since Mal plans to be there!"...

Although still a long way away it would be good to see as many PackardInfo people there as possible, come one come all!

Well, I've enjoyed your posts for years, Mal...

AND the PPG is only a very short distance from where I live, so I have NO excuse to miss next year's event!...

Posted on: 2014/10/23 14:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve203
See User information
I need to go back to PPG at the next open house.

I didn't get around to going through the lodge until 15 minutes before closing. The docent in the kitchen handed me the pamphlet for the self guided tour. I zipped through all the rooms and made it out at the stroke of 5.

Today, I sat down to read the information in the pamphlet. On the last page it says "Please return this tour booklet to any docent before you leave the building".....oops.

Posted on: 2014/10/24 16:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Quote:

Steve203 wrote:

Today, I sat down to read the information in the pamphlet. On the last page it says "Please return this tour booklet to any docent before you leave the building".....oops.

OOOHHHhhhhhhh...........so you're he one!

You've got one last chance to return it this season. We are open today, Saturday 11am-2pm during the Shelby Farmers Market Harvest Festival. You can also pick up some Packard paraphernalia in the gift shop for yourself and maybe stock up on a few holiday gifts too!

And since you know the tour so well why don't you become a volunteer at the PPG?

And attached is a photo of the Princeton Elms we planted 10 years ago where folks bought a tree to line the boulevard in remembrance of a loved one.

Attach file:

jpg  (88.53 KB)
436_544ba531dd25c.jpg 900X540 px

Posted on: 2014/10/25 8:27
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve203
See User information
And since you know the tour so well why don't you become a volunteer at the PPG?

heh...two of the docents tried to recruit me when I was there. Problem is, to get there from here I have to drive 275 and 696. I could write a book about how much I hate 275 and 696. I would rather make the 2 1/2 hr drive to the Gilmore, than the 1 hr drive to PPG.

I would enjoy working there. When I was there, I had a great time explaining to one guy how the Torsion Level system on the display chassis worked, and talking with another guy about the development history of the 4M-2500. But the drive is a killer.

Posted on: 2014/10/25 10:22
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved