Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
84 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 83

Packardbarry, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Temporary Signals
Home away from home
Home away from home

CORSASEVEN
See User information
Can anyone recommend if there is a company that sells temporary mount turn signals to use for touring.

Posted on: 2014/9/5 22:14
 Top  Print   

Re: Temporary Signals
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There is a product I've seen advertised that looks interesting -- if it works as advertised. Haven't seen it in person or know anyone that has one but the idea is exactly what you are looking for because it appears to be a self contained unit and no extra wires. Maybe more than you want to spend though.http://smartsignals.com/cms/

Posted on: 2014/9/5 22:41
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken_P
See User information
Towing companies also have magnetic base wireless blinkers. You may be able to find something through that route.

Posted on: 2014/9/7 7:49
1937 120 1092 - Original survivor for driving and continued preservation.
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16514&forum=10

1937 115 1082 - Total basket case, partial restoration, sold Hershey 2015
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=6550&order=ASC&status=&mode=0
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
Try Harbor Freight.http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?AttribSel=Lighting+Type%3D%27Trailer+Lights%27&CatPath=All%2BProducts%252F%252F%252F%252FUserSearch%253Dlights&RequestData=CA_AttributeSelected&q=lights

$19, and any car magazine usually has a coupon good for !5-20% off.

Posted on: 2014/9/7 18:53
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Not a bad idea getting some of the inexpensive tow lights. As I understand the request it was for a removable turn signal system. Believe the tow lights are just bulbs so think they need to be powered off a car having turn signals/brake lights already installed. Wouldn't be too hard to make a controller box but to use the tow lights as a turn signal believe you will have to build something to work them.

Posted on: 2014/9/7 19:05
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
Also try looking at some of the Model A sites, such as Mac's, Burts, etc. Most of them have discreet turn signal kits to add - the switch is typically mounted under the dash, so you do have to remember to cancel them. Or risk people thinking that you are old and senile.....

Posted on: 2014/9/7 21:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

CORSASEVEN
See User information
Smart Signals look really nice, they are expensive but would add safety. Thank you for providing the link

Posted on: 2014/9/9 21:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

CORSASEVEN
See User information
Thank you David

Posted on: 2014/9/9 21:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

CORSASEVEN
See User information
Just a note to "Thank" all of you on this forum that have answered so many questions that I have had over the past few months. I am receiving a quick education about my Packard from you all, I very much appreciate your patience and responses.

Posted on: 2014/9/9 21:35
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved