Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
183 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 181

Dennis Miller, Ross, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1938 Packard 6 Exhaust Gasket
Home away from home
Home away from home

CORSASEVEN
See User information
Is there a more substantial exhaust manifold to exhaust pipe doughnut gasket for a 1938 six. It seems the original never seems to seal well. I didn't know if there might be a part number for a newer doughnut that I could purchase locally if there is an upgraded application.

Posted on: 2014/9/15 13:10
 Top  Print   

Re: 1938 Packard 6 Exhaust Gasket
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I've found the OEM donuts to be long-lived and fit well as long as the mating surfaces are in proper alignment. But to see what else might be available, try a visit to your local muffler shop.

Posted on: 2014/9/15 14:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

CORSASEVEN
See User information
Thank you, I may have had an alignment problem, just not sure. I'll give the O.E.M. another try.

Posted on: 2014/9/15 15:20
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Gary Kulp
See User information
Make sure that you have the bracket that clamps the exhaust pipe to the bottom of the bell housing. They use two of the clutch pan bolt holes on the exhaust side to make the exhaust pipe firm and rock with the engine. Also good rear motor mounts will help prevent the pipe shaking loose,at the manifold connection.

Posted on: 2014/9/15 16:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

CORSASEVEN
See User information
Thank you

Posted on: 2014/9/15 20:17
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved