Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
152 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 150

DavidM, 39Rollson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Transmission Serial Number
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

humer
See User information
Where can I find the transmission serial number for a 1951 400 with Ultramatic transmission?

Posted on: 2014/9/22 18:59
 Top  Print 

Re: Transmission Serial Number
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Check the flange just above the oil pan and below and to the side of the tailshaft. I an not 100% sure the location is the same for 51-4 but here is a photo showing how 55-6 units were numbered. I believe the earlier units were similar in location but if not, someone will eventually be along with correct info. If you can't find the number on the rear, check the wide flange area above the pan on the sides.

Attach file:

jpg  (155.60 KB)
209_5420cf17356ed.jpg 1280X783 px

Posted on: 2014/9/22 20:36
Howard
 Top  Print 

Transmission Serial Number
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

humer
See User information
I found number on the casting just around the corner from the control axis input. It is 29546. Where might I find whether this was used with which engine? My '51 has a '53 engine Thanks

Posted on: 2014/10/21 15:18
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved