Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
149 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 149

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

schematics
Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Are there any schematic drawings of the torsion level motor in the
literature archives?

Posted on: 2014/9/23 17:03
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print 

Re: schematics
Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Did you look in the service manual, electrics, and suspension?

Posted on: 2014/9/23 17:14
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Also, from the PAC main page, click on "Wiring". For 1956 the TL has it's own separate diagram.

Posted on: 2014/9/23 17:23
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If you mean only the motor, I don't believe anything other than the system schematic is in the archive. The motor uses the typical Packard reversible motor configuration. Two independent counter wound field coils in series with the armature. Only one of the field input terminals is active at a time.

I think you have a 56 so here is the complete schematic showing the inside of the control box and the motor. If you need a 55 schematic or want one with the optional manual up/down switch in the circuit I can post those too.

Attach file:

jpg  (76.54 KB)
209_5421f33e1fa48.jpg 1280X874 px

Posted on: 2014/9/23 17:25
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
No mine is a 55. but it is apparent that I used the wrong terminology. What I am looking for is a mechanical diagram not the electrical

Posted on: 2014/9/23 22:09
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Not sure exactly what you are looking for. All the mechanical service and repair information is in the 55-6 service manual -- section 16 suspension and steering which you can download as a single section. A plate or two in the parts manual also. The only other info published that I am aware of on site is the SAE technical paper on development of the system. That is more theory and how it works and how they came to make some of the decisions rather than service information. A sort of general article on various springing methods and how TL compares put out as more of a sales info also can be found. There is a booklet containing a bunch of engineering drawings showing how the system was installed in the car at the factory but just steps in the assy process and not much detail info in those. That booklet was a project by PAC or maybe a region so don't think it is on site.

Posted on: 2014/9/23 22:20
Howard
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I'm still not sure what you're looking for but perhaps this will help, sorry it's not all there but my scanner won't handle a 17 x 24 image. Source is "Station Five" (of 5) from a 1954 publication by PMCC of the assembly steps for a TL suspension.

Attach file:

jpg  (122.19 KB)
177_5422d27f3884a.jpg 1280X927 px

Posted on: 2014/9/24 9:17
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If the drawings like O_D posted are what you are after that project booklet I mentioned is probably the only source today -- 5 assy station drawings reduced in size to 8 1/2 11 x 14 printed on heavy stock & bound in a blue softcover presentation folder. I don't see the booklet on the PAC store page so not sure who repro'd it or if item is NLA. There is no info in the booklet as to who did the project so perhaps someone can advise.

Posted on: 2014/9/24 9:31
Howard
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
5 assy station drawings reduced in size to 8 1/2 x 14

Actually (at least in my copy) each "page" or station is a fold-out, so image size is 14 x 17.

Posted on: 2014/9/24 10:04
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The repros were slightly reduced but I was wrong on the 8 1/2. These are fold out to 11 x 14. Someone did the project about 20 years ago so they may no longer be around.

Posted on: 2014/9/24 10:08
Howard
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved