Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
123 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 122

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 39 110 Coupe in MT
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I don't think white was offered. "Ivory" is I believe light yellow

Correct, white was not a factory-offered color. And Packard Ivory could not be mistaken for white, it's tinted towards tan/straw. Assuming the original photo and my PC monitor present the color correctly, that car is not Packard Ivory.

Posted on: 2014/10/22 9:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

My impression is that white for a vehicle color pre-WWII was mostly seen on dairy deliver trucks and ambulances.

Though not in the official color selection, one supposes Packard would have obliged had a customer ordered and paid extra to have a car so finished. In that era, some colors weren't worn after a certain month, such as white was gauche after August.

Steve

Posted on: 2014/10/23 8:01
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Though not in the official color selection, one supposes Packard would have obliged had a customer ordered and paid extra to have a car so finished

Possible on a senior car but very doubtful IMO on a junior, they were "production" volume cars. If anything, a junior might have been shipped in prime for painting by a dealer or other facility.

Posted on: 2014/10/23 8:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
O.D. - thanks for the lead on the window regulators. Lynn called him up and ordered one for each side. So he's happy.

On the white, I agree, the correct color is Packard Ivory, which is a light cream to almost butter color. Lynn's comment was "I like the white better". Regardless, I would still steal it in a second if he didn't know where I live.

Posted on: 2014/10/23 21:12
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved