Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
144 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 144

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Looking Over Some Extras
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Ima48too
See User information
I was in the garage tonight with my camera so I took a picture of a couple of accessories on my 2362. I wondered if they were available at a dealer or Wesyern Auto specials.
The compass looks period for the year. The perforated chrome ball is metal and well built. It looks like some kind of fragrance/spice ball.
If you look close at the spotlight, you can see an added diecast arm and mirror attached. The spotlight needs to be pointing straight ahead to use the mirror.
There is also a wide angle mirror over the inside rear view mirror.
I didn't get the factory inside visor extension. I saw that as an authorized accessory.
Trimmed out kind of neat; anyone familiar with any of it?

Attach file:

jpg  (81.44 KB)
59054_5445ad41468ef.jpg 900X675 px

Posted on: 2014/10/20 19:48
 Top  Print   

Re: Looking Over Some Extras
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
We don't have a 23rd series acc catalog but there is a 22nd on sitehttps://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/48%20Accessories.pdf A compass was available but that doesn't look like the Packard item so it may be aftermarket. My dad had one on his 51 that more resembled the one in the catalog. I remember he was always fussing with some adjusting screw because he never thought it read correctly.

The Spotlight mirror doesn't show in that 22nd catalog but was available in 51 catalog. Perhaps they came along for 23rd so probably authentic.

Posted on: 2014/10/20 20:12
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Looking Over Some Extras
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Ima48too
See User information
I mistype/thought. My car is a 2262 (1948 Deluxe Eight). I'm just getting this sorted enough to make it feel natural.

Interesting about the mirrored spotlight.

I also took the lower seat cover off the rear and found some nice material in need of repair.

Attach file:

jpg  (8.57 KB)
59054_5445cc2a8ae9d.jpg 408X230 px

Posted on: 2014/10/20 21:56
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved