Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
108 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 106

JW49, CartRich, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

events,meets. judging and classes
Home away from home
Home away from home

d c
See User information
It seems there are some concerns of a lack of enough experienced judges at aaca events. Was there a shortage of judges in 2013? Are there alot of new personnel judging the past 2 years? Are the judging crews rushed at each vehicle or are there too many classes to be judged?

Posted on: 2014/10/23 21:17
 Top  Print 

Re: events,meets. judging and classes
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
A better place to get feedback on your question would be in the "Judging" category on the AACA forums. Quite a few of their judges participate actively in that group.

Posted on: 2014/10/24 8:49
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I suppose the question to the original post that started this thread would be:
What kind of VERIFIABLE qualifications do any of the judges happen to have??
What kind of qualifications, credential, experience etc is required to be a judge??? Are such qualifications posted anywhere for each judge???

I could be claimed as a master under water basket weaver. But without someekind of verifiable and SIGNIFICANT certificatee or work or business related background it is only a claim. All i would need is one basket??

Posted on: 2014/10/24 10:37
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

d c
See User information
The reason I did not post this on the aaca pg is that I did not want to come off as critical or attacking their process in any way and as a newer comer to the judging process I do not yet have enough info . I saw some critical posts there as well as another forum and was wanting more input. I respect the forum admin for not deleating critical posts but the response is always "well become a judge".
If someone were thinking of getting involved it seems some of the preliminary time volunteered to get started is quite excessive and could be streamlined quite a bit so as to get truly experienced people with a keen eye involved.
Are the 4 judges in the groups sometimes "newbies" with little experience? Is the 1 lead judge inthe group so busy doing paperwork in the time allotted that he,she cannot get an over view on each car as some have suggested? Why is there no online testing and cerification courses on the net to identify and recruit potential judges and reduce the time and cash requirements to begin the process?
Are judges usually not placed in their catagories requested?(area of expertise)
What are opinions on the pres class ans driver class?

Posted on: 2014/10/25 9:58
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved