Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
68 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 67

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

'55 packard 400 ht side mirrors.
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

kbradley77
See User information
My father in law has a '55 packard 400 that he just started working on after 40 years. After getting it running, he noticed that there are no side mirrors at all. He couldn't find any place to attach them. My question is, doespecially the '55 pacard 400 even have side mirrors or what?

Posted on: 2014/10/24 23:31
 Top  Print   

Re: '55 packard 400 ht side mirrors.
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Mirrors on all 51-56 models (even Caribbeans) were an accessory item. Usually dealer installed.

So if you look through the picture archive, you will be very few 51-56 models actually have real factory mirrors.

Alot of car either never had them, or had cheaper aftermarket ones installed. The real ones typically mount through the belt line molding on the front door.

Posted on: 2014/10/24 23:50
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
55/56 Packard accessory mirrors (PA 469482) did not mount on the belt molding, the template that accompanied the mirror accessory kit had two locations to chose from, one below the belt molding on the door and the other on the front fender. In response to the same question previously I posted a scan of the factory template to locate the mirror mount positions - so search around for it and if you don't find it, I'll try to find the file and post again.

With the factory mirror kit you did not have to remove the inner door panel or go under the fender, it mounted entirely from the exterior of the panel. Until recently the correct mirrors (as a repro) were available from J. Fisher but he has given up the business and I haven't heard that anyone has purchased his tooling or taken over the business.

Just searched "mirror template" to find the old post:

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=13898&forum=3&post_id=141678#forumpost141678

Posted on: 2014/10/25 8:15
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day kbradley77,
to PackardInfo and for including your father in law's '55 Four Hundred Hardtop Coupe in the Packard Owner's Registry. Great to see Grandma behind the wheel!

Posted on: 2014/10/25 15:05
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Quote:

Owen_Dyneto wrote:Until recently the correct mirrors (as a repro) were available from J. Fisher but he has given up the business and I haven't heard that anyone has purchased his tooling or taken over the business.

I talked to his wife, and she said someone just recently came and bought all the remaining stock. She did not mention that the person who bought the stock was going to pick up where J left off, so I assume not.

I also talked with Dan Sommer, and he said his company still offers them (American Arrow). Whether they have the correct swivel base or not (there was some previous discussion regarding that), I haven't yet made a personal inspection. I believe the problem has been fixed. They are pricey, tho.

Posted on: 2014/10/25 15:14
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

kbradley77
See User information
This might be a stupid question, but what doed anyone know the lowest average price might be for Yankee mirrors? I'm looking to see if there is any way i can get side mirrors for the 400.

Posted on: 2014/10/25 21:17
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved