Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
77 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 77

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

23 rd windshield washer nozzles
Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Any known sources this side of Jupiter for these tiny little screw in jewels? I sent them off to the platers thinking they'd mask the nozzles, but they took them off and seem to be lost. I'm planning on using those parts and adapt to electric drive and pump, etc.
They used plastic mostly for last 3-4 decades which means more holes.

Posted on: 2014/10/25 20:31
 Top  Print   

Re: 23 rd windshield washer nozzles
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I've seen the later nozzles on ebay but don't know if 50 used the same jet assy 51-56 used.. You might see if any of the vendors might have some and if they would work. 51-4 number was PA461409 and for 55-6 they dropped the PA off the number.

IIRC someone said it might be an odd thread -- something like 5-40 -- but don't remember if anyone confirmed that.

EDIT: Thanks O_D for the odd thread confirmation. I didn't remember the thread size but knew someone said it was something not usually at the hardware store.

Posted on: 2014/10/25 21:32
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
54 thru 56 used a 6-48 thread, a common one with gunsmiths if you go looking for someone who has a tap. Tap is also available from MSC. Don't know what thread might have been used earlier.

Last time I needed Trico washer jets I got them from Ficken Wiper Service.

Posted on: 2014/10/25 22:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
As always, thanks for the info guys.
I didn't know the wiperman had other stuff besides doing vacuum rebuilds. I'm a no vacuum convert to electric kinda guy. Waiting on response.
6x48 looks right. Tap is on it's way, no cost, those rewards points come in handy. Regardless, going to have to chase those threads after plating. There's always a chance, they'll magically show up in the garage. Who hasn't done something after age 60 and not remember doing it or seeing it because you had your bifocals on?
Push come to shove, I'll make a set, I have 316 rod, a lathe, and fine files. Silly to buy a donor car for $.49 worth of parts...but at the prices I've been seeing lately, I'm nuts* for undertaking this field rescue restomod. Talk about a soft market for postwar Packards???? Prewar go up, post war go down. I can buy a nicer one to drive while I work on this one and not affect the budget!
My cad is worth more and cost me half as much??? The 23 series "Dangerfields" - get no respect.
* - as opposed to crazy, I already admit to that.

Posted on: 2014/11/5 16:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
No parts, but he gave me the trico P/N AW-128, so there doesn't look like any out there right now, but if someone stumbles on some, pick them up for me.
I got a shout into trico also, but I'm not holding my breath.

Attach file:

jpg  (37.12 KB)
13733_545bf3862d77a.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2014/11/6 17:18
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
PM sent

Posted on: 2014/11/6 18:07
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved