Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
81 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 79

BDeB, Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

I took the dive
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
and finally bought myself my first and only Packard. A 1948 Custom 8 Club Sedan. VIN 2140 (for the owners registry).

I've got quite a bit of work to do to it (as you can see), but the car is extremely complete and very restorable. Other than the paint and upholstery/headliner and some moderate re-chroming, I will do most of the work myself. The plan is to make it an excellent condition driver.

It's traveling to me right now and I'm happy to finally join the 'owners' circle.

Attach file:

jpg  (134.26 KB)
2024_544c94559b19b.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2014/10/26 1:25
 Top  Print 

Re: I took the dive
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
"finally bought myself my first and only Packard. A 1948 Custom 8 Club Sedan. VIN 2140 (for the owners registry)"
Congratulations!
And looking forward to seeing it in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2014/10/26 3:37
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Packard Illiterati
See User information
Nice car, and I love those fastbacks. It reminds me of a 1949 Nash Super 600 that I owned back in the 80s.

Posted on: 2014/10/26 5:26
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Wow, you've snagged yourself the rarest of the rare, a Custom Eight club sedan. That would have been the single fastest American production car that year.

Posted on: 2014/10/26 6:58
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Jeff P-MN
See User information
Congrats to you and welcome to this group of VERY helpful people. What a neat car!!

Posted on: 2014/10/26 8:37
1913 Ford Runabout
1926 Ford T Touring
1948 Chrysler NY’er Highlander
1948 Packard Station Sedan regrettably sold in 2019
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Jeff P-MN
See User information
Congrats to you and welcome to this group of VERY helpful people. What a neat car!!

Posted on: 2014/10/26 8:37
1913 Ford Runabout
1926 Ford T Touring
1948 Chrysler NY’er Highlander
1948 Packard Station Sedan regrettably sold in 2019
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I'd very much appreciate the theft-proof number, engine number, and confirmation of the vehicle number. Send my PM if you wish them kept confidential.

Posted on: 2014/10/26 8:41
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stephen Houseknecht
See User information
Congratulations on your score. When I was a kid in suburban Buffalo, my elderly neighbor had one. On days he didn't drive it he would move the car up or down the driveway so the tires didn't sit on the same spot.

I used to go over and just spend time looking at it a couple of times a week. Olive with tan interior. Finally did get a ride in it when I was in jr. high school. When the old gentleman went into last stop nursing home , I offered to buy it from his son. SOB had it junked.

I look forward to following your progress on this great car.

Posted on: 2014/10/26 8:47
Stephen
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

Welcome! And Gadzooks! Seconding what Ross said "You've snagged yourself the rarest of the rare!" A 22nd Series Custom Eight Club Sedan is a darn-near extinct model! We'll all be interest to follow your progress restoring this gem.

Please join the Packard Club, we'd love to have you as a member. Only a dozen 2206-2255's are registered with PAC members.

To educate yourself all about Custom Eights and all 22nd Series Packard in general, avail yourself of a copy of Robert J. Neal's great book Packard 1948 to 1950. It is THE book to read and enjoy for every 1948-50 Packard owner.

Steve

Posted on: 2014/10/26 8:48
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

Packard Illiterati wrote:
Nice car, and I love those fastbacks. It reminds me of a 1949 Nash Super 600 that I owned back in the 80s.

Yes, it does bear some similarities to the Nash Airflyte models from 49. I test drove a '49 Super 600 20+ years ago. I decided I didn't want one after the drive. They are neat cars with the Uniscope, fold-down seats, full fender skirts, ultra-smooth column shifters and their dramatic body styling. Nothing went wrong on the drive, but the car felt underpowered for its bulk. I decided I liked the proportions on the Packard better and the club coupe hit all the right marks for me.

Posted on: 2014/10/26 12:23
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved