Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
151 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 149

BigKev, Alvin14, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Junk Rods for Sale
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I notice more and more of these brand X junk rods are being dumped onto the market. One that caught my eye in particular was owned by a guy who chopped a nice original car. He croaked and now his abomination is coming up for auction. Another is a Packard 12 coupe roadster that was chopped. About the only thing of value on these clunkers are the original hood ornaments.

One thing about these junk rods that I find curious is the way they put the name "Packard" on the valve covers, dash boards, and tilt steering columns. To me this is as childish as putting Harley-Davidson stickers on a kid's bicycle.

Hopefully they will sell for pennies on the dollar because any new Chrysler product will eat them for a snack.

Recently I was talking with a hot rodder who said it's much easier to chop cars than restore them. So I guess you could say that restoration is a man's job.

Posted on: 2014/11/9 11:49
 Top  Print 

Re: Junk Rods for Sale
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Its a lot easier to build something with parts readily available than making it to original specs. I feel your pain when I see that 35 "V12" roadster all butchered. If you want to hot rod something take an old ford or chevy where they made tens or even hundreds of thousands of. I don't understand why people want to pay so much money for something like that. Even the resto-mods bother me, and don't tell me you need extra hp to get on the freeway. For example O-D lives in the busiest part of the world and gets around just fine with his original 34.

Posted on: 2014/11/10 8:08
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Re: Junk Rods for Sale
Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information
Oh, that 35 V12 just made me sick. Beautiful car gone to waste

Posted on: 2014/11/10 9:51
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/
 Top  Print 

false-false
Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved