Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
83 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 80

flanman, gtcoastie, Stimpy Cat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Damaged Shipping
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Here is a topic I'm sure will be of interest because Packard parts are not general merchandise.

I tested shipping some general merchandise only because the roads in Michigan are so dangerous I don't drive on unfamiliar roads. Last week I corresponded with an engineer who totaled his car in a pothole.

The results were a disaster. The well known shipper smashed everything up and was very uncooperative. Can't you inspect the goods at this location? Nope. Can I take them to a depot? Nope. In other words you will dictate to me the terms upon which you consider damages to the point that it makes no economic sense to pursue the matter? Yup.

I know the well known Packard vendors are aware of these problems and act accordingly, but there is little information available about alternatives to some of these problems other than making sure anything sent can withstand a two story drop. In the old days I used to throw packages across the room to test them, but those were not new or delicate merchandise.

Posted on: 2014/11/11 16:45
 Top  Print   

Re: Damaged Shipping
Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information
Should I suppose that the contents were not insured, otherwise you could file a claim.
If you use plastic for your purchases, it is likely covered by the card company.

Posted on: 2014/11/11 17:30
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved