Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
111 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 110

Gary Kulp, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1946 Clipper Deluxe Pinion seal
Home away from home
Home away from home

dallas
See User information
My 46 Clipper deluxe has a pinion seal leak. Before I tear it apart can someone provide the dimenisions for the seal? I would like to have the new seal first. A photo with specs would be great. Thanks

Posted on: 2014/11/17 15:45
 Top  Print 

Re: 1946 Clipper Deluxe Pinion seal
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
dallas; this has been covered before on the sight. you can get a seal from max merrett. you must mark the pinion shaft and nut with a center punch so that you can tighten the nut to the same spot to maintain the preload on the bearings. the seal is healed in an adapter, if you can remove the adapter and seal with out damage and then remove the seal from from the adapter it can be reused-its hard to do. i have the seal number at home and will be back there on the 24th. pm me if you need it. dell

Posted on: 2014/11/18 18:00

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print 

Re: 1946 Clipper Deluxe Pinion seal
Home away from home
Home away from home

dallas
See User information
Sent PM Thanks

Posted on: 2014/11/19 17:20
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved