Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
144 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 144

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Water temp sending unit
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Bill Bow
See User information
I had a great day with the Packard........ Well not exactly. I had two manifold studs broken off, the back two. I elected to try and repair the one in the open.
I tried, it broke off. I decided to pull the engine to get to the manifold bolts but not before the bolts. Then while trying to get the water temp sending unit out, I managed to break it.
Does anybody know where you can get a water temp sending unit?

Posted on: 2014/11/22 21:53
Bilbo
1937 120C Sport Coupe

Continuously snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
 Top  Print   

Re: Water temp sending unit
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If yours is the mechanical bulb and tube temp gauge, it is a one piece affair. Flackmaster might have something or you will have to repair that one by buying a universal gauge and soldering its new charged bulb and tube onto the old gauge or send the entire gauge assy to a repair facility to have it done. Here is a thread with the address of one recommended repair shop and here is a decent write up from a Plymouth guy on how to repair the mechanical type if you want to try it.

If a different car from your signature and is electric then one of the vendors would be the best option for getting the proper sender since their characteristics varied over the years and models.

Posted on: 2014/11/22 22:20
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Bill Bow
See User information
Thanks, I'll do both.

Posted on: 2014/11/23 12:55
Bilbo
1937 120C Sport Coupe

Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Bill Bow
See User information
Is there a right way and wrong way to hook on to the engine for the purpose of removing it from the car. I'm assuming a lift ring type device under two head nuts, one in the front of the engine and one in the back?
Is is feasible to pull just the engine and not the transmission.
Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 2014/11/23 15:21
Bilbo
1937 120C Sport Coupe

Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved