Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
106 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 102

37Blanche, pmhowe, acolds, 39Rollson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1940 1808 limo
Home away from home
Home away from home

todd landis
See User information
Got a new set of outside running board trim today. The fluted ones. I see images of the trim ending just a few inches to the front of the running boards, and others that run a couple feet more forward. These are the ones that were shipped to me. The longer ones. My front fenders are not punched out for the longer trim pieces. If I look very closely inside the fenders I faintly see small oblong holes that might be where the mounting clips went. My fenders are original, and look like the longer trim was never used.
So have I been shipped the wrong length, or do I punch out the small hole in each fender?
Thanks

Posted on: 2014/11/24 18:51
 Top  Print   

Re: 1940 1808 limo
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
1808 takes the "shorter" trim , ending just forward of the running board; not to the wheel opening, as on 127 and138" wb cars. You have the wrong trim.

Posted on: 2014/11/24 21:08
 Top  Print   

Re: 1940 1808 limo
Home away from home
Home away from home

todd landis
See User information
That's what I thought. Also looked at a couple ads from 1940 shows shorter trim. Thanks.

Posted on: 2014/11/24 21:21
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved