Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
101 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Price check on ai?sle three - current market value of Caribbean intake
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The 2x4 intake WAS listed as available as a repro part some years ago. Whether any were ever made or not is another question as, IIRC, they were being offered by Empire Motors down in TX who had a somewhat troublesome reputation for delivering what they offered.

Posted on: 2014/12/21 23:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
Quote:
The 2x4 intake WAS listed as available as a repro part some years ago. Whether any were ever made or not is another question as, IIRC, they were being offered by Empire Motors down in TX who had a somewhat troublesome reputation for delivering what they offered.

No, none were ever repopped, because the reasons you stated. They offered to make them if you/I put up all the money upfront in cash.

jack vines

Posted on: 2014/12/22 1:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Hall
See User information

Posted on: 2014/12/28 15:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Caribbeandude
See User information
I looked for months and found an intake for $1000 bucks and only found 1 very rough correct Batwing air cleaner for sale for 2 grand, Daytona Carb felt like they had enough parts laying around to build a correct pair of matching 55 Caribbean carbs but did not think they could build the linkage assembly, a place on ebay reproduces the carb tags with part numbers on them, I heard Ole' Book had two sets for sale but his sold almost instantly. I think a rebuild-able package is worth 4 to 5 grand and a rebuilt restored "concours" package would bring 7 to 8 grand nowadays

Posted on: 2014/12/29 1:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Two for the money, a 2x4 manifold and a manual transmission with overdrive set-up. Plus the special lifter cover and chrome plated rocker arm covers.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2014/12/29 12:01
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved