Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
91 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Tool kit for Series 1204
Just popping in
Just popping in

wynlaidig
See User information
I am a new Packard owner of a 1935 Super eight coupe roadster. But I have no kit. I have the jack and handle, but that is it. I see the following tool list in the service parts book for series 1204:

190681 Tool roll (supersedes 201490)
203732 Tool roll equipped (supersedes 201489)
213029 Tool-auto jack and handle assembly
159714 Tool-auto jack handle (with ?" square end)
231167 Tool-auto jack handle (with hook end)
223943 Tool grease gun
128288 Tool-monkey wrench (supersedes 121501)
128289 Tool-pliers
128290 Tool-screw driver 3" blade (supersedes 201499)
128291 Tool-screw driver 6" blade (supersedes 201500)
210404 Tool box tire pump
190617 Tool-wrench (single head box wrench spark plug)
231169 Tool-wheel and jack wrench

Does anyone have any photos, prints, or specifications for these items? What is the difference between "tool roll" and "tool roll equipped"? Were both of these supplied with the same car, or just one? Is it correct that there are no open end wrenches in the kit? Any idea where I can locate these items??

Posted on: 2014/12/16 22:50
 Top  Print   

Re: Tool kit for Series 1204
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Can't answer all of your questions specifically, but you should note that export cars had more extensive tool kit equipment than those sold domestically. The "packing slip" for a 1936 shown below shows different equipment for each.

The Reedy & Shaub book "Packard Tools and Jacks" has copies of Packard engineering drawings for many of the tools, and all the jacks are pictured. It's unfortunate that not many folks bought this publication. There are several older threads on this site about tool equipment; have you tried a search? If you can't find it by searching perhaps others will give you some links to follow. You should be able to find some of the tool engineering drawings and when I get a chance I can scan and post more if need be.

You might review this thread on the PAC forum with some chatter on the 1934 Eight tools and probably 35 is similar or the same.

http://www.packardclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2219

Attach file:

jpg  (157.43 KB)
177_54910728b40be.jpg 736X1144 px

Posted on: 2014/12/16 23:20
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

wynlaidig
See User information
Yes I did a search and had seen the prior post you referenced. I see people refer to the Reedy and Shaub book, but can't find the book, and don't know if it would actually have the specs for the hand tools. Seems like it was mostly about jacks. I was hoping someone would have a tool kit or could tell me exactly what I need to be searching for.

Posted on: 2014/12/17 9:19
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Posted some Packard enginnering prints and images from the Reedy & Shaub book on tools to your identical query on the PAC forum; also a few words about Reedy's "book". I continue to be thankful to the authors for granting me permission to use their material.

http://www.packardclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3225

Posted on: 2014/12/17 10:43
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day wynlaidig,
to PackardInfo.

I invite you to include your '35 Super Eight Coupe Roadster in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2014/12/17 14:00
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

wynlaidig
See User information
Thank you all for your help. This is a good start. The hard part is finding these tools. Let me know if anyone has any available.

Posted on: 2014/12/17 17:55
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Wyn,
That's one great looking '35 Super Eight Coupe Roadster of yours in the Registry, and a great history too! And a question, what's the roadster lurking in the background?

Posted on: 2014/12/18 1:05
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The hard part is finding these tools. Let me know if anyone has any available

I don't know if you get to Fall Hershey or not, but there is a very large tool and jack vendor just off the eastern end of the pedestrian viaduct with literally thousands of old car tools, jacks, etc. They are not (at least as I've noted) sorted by car manufacturer so you'd have to have a pretty good idea of what you're looking for as they are pretty much sorted in bins by tool type, boxes of screwdrivers, engine cranks, wrenches, etc.

Posted on: 2014/12/18 9:31
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

wynlaidig
See User information
You have a good eye. The one lurking in the background is 1931 Studebaker Speedway Roadster. I used to think it was big, but next to the Packard it seems light and zippy.

Posted on: 2014/12/18 12:32
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved