Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
59 user(s) are online (36 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 58

Grand Kid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 48 Packard keys
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Jesser's Classic Keys is the source for OEM (Briggs and Stratton) and repro keys, and I'm fairly sure Max Merritt is also an outlet for them.

http://jessersclassickeys.com

Posted on: 2019/7/5 17:23
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

danharms
See User information
Thank you very much! Just what I was looking for.

Val.

Posted on: 2019/7/6 20:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
I posted these pics previously, but here are how factory-issued postwar Packard keys looked. Also here are a few of my Packard accessory key collection items. The Packard Panther is colored Danube Blue because it was copied from Don Mitchell's Panther-which was originally painted in this color when first built.

Packard Briggs & Stratton keys worked in reverse of GM B&S keys where the angular cut head was always for the ignition switch and other master functions. Of course, these are all NOS un-cut original keys. I have more...

Attach file:

jpg  (553.55 KB)
1249_5d220f341feb2.jpg 1920X1920 px

jpg  (342.58 KB)
1249_5d220f59aeb2b.jpg 1920X1611 px

Posted on: 2019/7/7 10:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Hi Leedy,

Not to hijack this post, but I have been on the lookout for a 'nice' original Packard key fob. Couple of yours look cool - are any for sale? If not, know where I might find? (any of the Ebay stuff seems like cheap repro merch to me; not interested)
Thanks for your time. Chris

Posted on: 2019/7/8 0:53
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Motor City Packards has reproduced from the original Packard blueprints a leather key case. Check out the Packard Club website.

Posted on: 2019/7/8 6:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

Packard newbie wrote:
Hi Leedy,

Not to hijack this post, but I have been on the lookout for a 'nice' original Packard key fob. Couple of yours look cool - are any for sale? If not, know where I might find? (any of the Ebay stuff seems like cheap repro merch to me; not interested)
Thanks for your time. Chris

Hello Chris. No problem. Thanks for the compliment. I started collecting Packard stuff in the 1950s, including keys. But sorry to say I don't want to sell off my keys.

As for eBay... I've seen great stuff on there... and I've seen awful stuff on there. Just take your time and hunt. Of course, you ought to have good luck with a want ad in the Packard Cormorant Newsletter published by the Packard Club. Or just do a posting on the club's web site (I believe members post for free). And you can always post a wanted ad right here on Big Kev's Packard Information site. Then there is Hemmings Motor News and Old Cars Weekly publication. Finally, there is a visit to Hershey...the ultimate! One of these ought to be successful in your search.

By the way, it's Leeedy (with 3 e's), not "Leedy" ... good luck in your search.

Posted on: 2019/7/8 8:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Maybe a lucky rabbit's foot key chain, Chris?? LOL

Posted on: 2019/7/8 9:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Quote:
Maybe a lucky rabbit's foot key chain, Chris?? LOL

No kidding John!!! If I thought it would help, I'd do a set of dingle balls all the way around with rabbit's feet instead. LOL

Re Leeedy', sorry about the misspell, I'm usually more observant than that! Thanks for your suggestions - I'll keep looking and re Hershey's, let me tell you, THAT is on my bucket list! Long ways away from me, being on the Canadian west coast, but I will make it down there someday, I hope.

And Packards1, thanks - that sounds like what I am looking for, I'll check it out. Chris

Posted on: 2019/7/8 13:17
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved