Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
160 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 160

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Norwegian Forest paint
Home away from home
Home away from home

d c
See User information
Well I understood the above to mean -match as close the factory original as poss. Not match or blend a panel to match an already painted car. We are speaking of painting a whole vehicle ,correct? No way for an amature to panel match metallic. The issue with home jobs in metallic is you have to walk the whole car at the same time. No panel painting as the metallic will lay differently and stand out like a sore thumb.

Posted on: 2015/1/23 20:35
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tobs
See User information
Well, I tested the spray bottle that I had mixed, and it is very very close. If I were just doing a spot repair, you could see a change in color if you looked really closely. However, this is a full repaint, and it is also not going to be a home job. I will only have the roof painted in norwegian grenn (or my close rendition of it) the rest of the car will be shannon green, which is non-metallic and makes spraying for my painter easier.

-you can see an old pic of my car in my signature.
Troy and customclipper55, remeind me never to park next to you if we are ever at the same car show

Posted on: 2015/1/25 13:51
1953 Clipper Delux Club Sedan, 1969 912, 1990 Miata, 2009 Ford S-Max.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

d c
See User information
Very good Tobs. I am sure if your painter is spraying the whole roof in metallic he will have no issues. My comments were focused at those who do their own work either through necessity or enjoyment. On all the cars I have had in the past I took great pride in doing all the work myself. This included body, paint,graphics etc. Those who have paid for "professional" work and have been dissatisfied and or those who have paid double the original estimate for quality work may be interested in other options.

Posted on: 2015/1/25 19:39
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved